Twenty-three.

Anne's POV:

Dear Mother,

How are you doing mom? Hope you're fine.

I'm sending you this in a hurry; things are heating up here. The Irish were expecting us in the outskirts of Belfast. I don't know how could they know we're coming. And I'm thinking there's a spy or spies among us. We don't know who yet.

We're still outside the city, but we'll try to get in. I'm sure we can.

Everyone is fine for now, but we have three wounded soldiers. One of them has a serious injury. But you know Doctor Tomlinson, he's trying everything he could to save him. He's an angel that man. And I believe he could save the man.

Tell Gemma I said hello and please take care of yourself.

All the love.

King Harry.

.....

Harry sent me his second letter today, I'm happy he's safe for now. But I know, war is war.

I put the new letter with its sister on my golden box.

"Are you okay mom?" I heard a voice from behind me. It's Gemma. She hugged me from behind. Resting her chin on my shoulder.

"I didn't hear you coming." I smiled softly.

"Well, Holland was knocking but you weren't answering, so I figured I'd come see you" She told me, smiling.

"I most be preoccupied, but what did Holland want honey? Is everything alright?"

"Yes everything is okay I guess but do you remember Mary? She used to work for Harry?" She asked me. I nodded and she continued.

"Well she's here and she wants to see you."

"Me?" I was a bit surprised actually. I haven't heard from her since she left. She was a lovely woman. Took care of her sick boy, without complaining. And I respect that.

I walked outside my room with Gemma to see what Mary wants from me.

...

A/N: I'm gonna update again today. So excited for what's coming. :D

Hope you like it. This chapter is dedicaed to cupcake1Dlovaxx
Love you xx