"Pft, they were all good. I took on Jason. You made a big scratch across his stomach before, I just made it bigger. Too harsh?"

Jennie wanted to cringe in disgust and horror, but she didn't feel that way at all. Instead, she had on the same carefree, amused smirk as V. "Naaah, definitely not too harsh.... But he's not dead, right?" She wasn't that cruel.

V rolled his eyes in disappointment, "Nope, but I wish."

Yeri slapped his shoulder disapprovingly, "We really don't kill every single person that interferes or every witness. We just like to say that to scare them."

"Well it's not a scare tactic anymore if you reveal it," V grumbled.

"Well she was freaking out, stupid, I gotta explain to her. We only kill the really, really bad ones, like those Traffickers from V's last mission, because we had more info on them. Those Slayers today were still really young and amateurs, plus we don't have any background info on them, so it's safer that we make them forget what happened and create a new memory for them so they wouldn't expose us."

"Wow, how do you create a new memory?" Jennie asked.

"They're all drugged right now and will be brought back to one of our facilities nearby Blue Hope. When they start to wake, they'll be in a state that makes their mind the most vulnerable to perception. I mimic their voices so it sounds like their subconscious is talking to them in their heads, and I feed them whatever cover-up scenario." The smirk that formed on Yeri's face was a little too proud and a little too cynical.

"That's...nice. Highly manipulative, but nice." Jennie lost count of just how many times they impressed her with their system.

"Oof that's so much work," V commented. He moved his head to see past Yeri out the door. "Oh, Hoseok-hyung is coming. You gotta go, Yeri-ah."

The three turned to see Hoseok approaching their car, also in a new, clean outfit but he still has a strong smell of smoke around him. "Hey, Yeri! We're leaving now! Got about two hours left till the drug wears off." He smiled brightly when he saw Jennie. "Nice job today, Jennie. Scary, feisty, sassy, impressive, I loved it. You'll be a great predator in no time."

Jennie chuckled sheepishly at the compliment, "Thank you, but I'm not sure if I actually want to be a predator like that haha."

"This world brings out the best, worst, and most unexpected out of you," he winked. "Well, I'll have the troublesome ex and his posse flown out of this country with a cover-up tale that should leave you in the clear, so absolutely no worries. What you do from on out, well, I wish the best of luck to you. Remember, I'm your hope!"

"Haha! Thank you, JHope-oppa!"

He then patted V's shoulder, "She's a good one, take care of her." He pivoted on his heel to leave, "Nice meeting you, Jennie! Later, V! Let's go, Yeri!"

"Bye, oppa! Bye, unnie!" She gave each one of them a hug before following the CEO.

Jennie watched everyone else leave in their cars and spaced out into the dark trees until she couldn't hear the rumbling of the tires grinding the rocky ground anymore.

That was it. It was over. She didn't dare to ask about what cover-up story Yeri had in mind, she didn't want to worry about the details. She trusted them that they would keep her in the clear. Besides, her grandma knew the real story anyway and was safe.

As for Jennie, well, it just came to her now that her short mission was over. Considering what V said before about a predator never being aimless, she felt weird and empty that she didn't have the drive to do something anymore.