13. Family Problems

Start from the beginning

"No... I'm not a shinigami. My family would not allow that."

"Then why are you here. Surely you've heard that us Quincy are at war with the Shinigami."

"You used to both be on the same side. I don't understand why you are fighting." The woman stated, turning towards him in earnest.

"Because we choose to destroy Hollow that destroyed our family rather then sending them on." The man stated. "I don't blame them for wanting to kill us off as we'll upset the balance."

"But can't the two of you simply talk. Killing any life is wrong and killing you is just as wrong as killing the Hollows." The woman was starting to get on his nerves.

"Who are you to judge us for killing anyone or anything?" The man shook his head.

"I don't believe in killing or harming anything, that includes Hollows." The woman stated. "But I do understand the need to defend oneself and the ones you care about from harm."

"You've never seen battle?" His eyes suddenly drifted to the blade at her side. "Why then do you have a blade, a blade I see is a zampaktuo."

"Because it is expected of me. I didn't ask for the abilities I have, but I have them. Plus, my spirit is a very good friend of mine, which hardens my determination not to use my zampaktuo to kill unless I absolutely have to."

"You are a strange woman. Would you care for something to eat?" The man then brought her out to the others, much to their dislike. There was argument that she would bring trouble and they didn't know how right they would be until a few days later. One thing they knew was their leader had become infatuated with the female companion he had picked up.

M

Yamamoto went alone knowing full well his ability could kill any one and everyone but his niece. A soft, warm breeze blew about and he knew that this was weather his niece would honestly not enjoy. He let it be known he was coming and how angry he was. What he didn't expect was for the very young, very brash leader to suddenly be coming at him full force, forcing him to draw his zampaktuo. "Are you wanting to die that easily? Are you that foolish?"

"If it allows my companions to escape and live then I will gladly give my own life. I honestly don't care about fighting, all I care about is keeping my people alive and safe." The man stated, glaring right into Yamamoto's eyes. "I am not foolish, I know full well who you are and I know full well you can desiccate every single one of us with your powers. You rarely bring your abilities out because of how destructive they are. Go at me full force."

"Then I will." Yamamoto stated, bringing out his zampaktuo. "I would not have come if you had not taken a prisoner to use as a shield to allow you to escape."

"Prisoner?" The young man bristled. "You mean the girl? I had a feeling when she showed up she was important, but important enough for you to show up? Who exactly is she?"

"You kidnapped her not knowing who she is?" Yamamoto choose not to move. At that moment, ice began to attack the fiery flames, holding them somewhat at bay.

To the young leaders surprise, the small female stepped in front of him, her arms outstretched and an icy blade held in one hand. "He did not kill me. I came of my own free will and will go with them of my own free will."

"You will willingly commit treason?" The man asked, lacking any form of anger that he had directed at the man.

"I am not committing treason! All life is precious was what I was taught and that was the core principle I was told to live by, the way I was raised. If I were to go against that, then I would be committing treason." The woman stated.

The man suddenly sheathed his sword. "Are you willing to go with them, to the point you are willing to die by my own hands to defend this man?"

"Why do you think I came out here? I don't agree with the forty-six chambers decision. Since you and father refuse to do anything then it's my duty to do so." The look in her teal eyes was filled with determination.

"I will not pursue you and I will tell them the Quincy crossed the border before I could reach them. However, while I promise not to pursue this matter, there will be others who will. They will not be as strong, so your companion there should become stronger." With that, Yamamoto flash stepped away.

The young leader found his knees knocking, but simply turned to the female who sheathed her own blade, causing the ice that was left to crumble. "Who are you to that man?"

"He is my uncle. He'll keep his promise to me."

"That means you're..." The man paused for a few minutes, deciding whether to let his infatuation with the young female get the better of him or to simply turn her away.

"I am who I am. I don't wish to be defined by who my family is but my actions." The girl stated.

The man blinked a couple of times before walking over to her and lifting her up into his arms. She could have protested his actions but in fact did not. Of course, his group was not happy that she was coming with them. They would contend with his disposition and eventually after time had passed and the fear of someone faded. Eventually this woman would become their queen.