Misunderstood Shadow Mario X Neutral Reader

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except the story idea!!

Author's Note: This request is for Shadmario who wanted a Shadow Mario X Neutral Reader Friendship one shot story!! As usual this one shot might be short due to lack of ideas and possible writer's block!! This takes place in a Alternate Universe!! The Reader is Gender Neutral!! Thank you and enjoy!! Italics: Thoughts Bold: Information/Authoress

~Third Person Point of View~

In the busy Delfino Plaza many citizens are continuing their daily lives shopping, walking, conversing, and other menial tasks. For one (Your Name) they're enjoying the nice weather under the shade of a umbrella as the sea gulls flew in the air. Once they were done relaxing (Your Name) decided to make a sand castle, so they grabbed a bucket and some tools. "Time to make a masterpiece." They muttered and began collecting sand. But while they were digging a moat for the sand castle they've found a strange object buried in the sand. After a few minutes of digging it's revealed to be a big paint brush? "How did this get here?" (Your Name) wondered. 

~(Your Name) Point of View~

"That's mine!!" A voice spoke as it grabbed the big paintbrush. The being resembled Mario but has red eyes and looked like he was made out of water. "Who are you?" I wondered. "I'm Shadow Mario!!" He exclaimed but then ran away when the Pianta's began chasing after him. Shadow Mario? I thought with curiosity. From the newspapers to the gossips of the citizens Shadow Mario is a well known criminal, I've  heard about him though from my first encounter with him. He's just misunderstood I thought. I hope to see him again.... maybe we can be friends? I thought with hope even if the possible chances of me seeing Shadow Mario again are small.

~Shadow Mario Point of View~ A Few Days Later

I was in Bianco Hills looking around for a place to vandalize when I spotted the person who found my Magic Paintbrush!! I quietly followed them wondering where they're going, but then I spotted Petey Piranha who's about to throw a ball of goop at them!! "Look out!!" I cried out as I pushed them out of the way, though I ended up getting covered in the goop. "YUCK!!" I exclaimed. "Shadow Mario? You okay?" They spoke in concern. "Yeah.. though I think I gotta exterminate a plant." I answered as I began fighting Petey Piranha. Punching, kicking, and using my paintbrush I fought with the polluting foe while making sure (Your Name) doesn't get hurt. Luckily I've found it's weakness and hit Petey Piranha's belly button a few times, he wen't down into unconsciousness. "That was a heroic thing you did Shadow Mario." They spoke. 

~Third Person Point of View~

"Don't get used to it, I was just returning the favor when you found my missing paintbrush uh..." Shadow Mario spoke. "I'm (Your Name) nice to meet you." They greeted. "Yeah sure.. I'm leaving." He muttered and was getting ready to teleport. "Will I ever see you again?" (Your Name) wondered. "It's possible but don't get your hopes up." Shadow Mario spoke as he teleported using his paintbrush's magic paint. "Good bye Shadow Mario." They said with a small smile. 

Author's Note: Done!! Sorry if it's short and junk!! ;-; Please Follow, Favorite, Vote, Comment, and Review!! Thank you and see you next time!!