The New Hero Captain Toad X Princess Reader

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except the story idea!!

Author's note: This request is for Lily_Muffin who wanted a Captain Toad X Princess Reader romance one shot. As usual this one shot might be short due to lack of ideas and possible writer's block. This story takes place in a alternate universe so no hate please!! Thank you and enjoy!! Italics: Thoughts Bold: Information/Authoress

~Third Person Point of View~

It is a peaceful day in the Mushroom Kingdom we find Captain Toad a famous treasure hunter and adventurer walking towards the castle. As Captain Toad makes his way to the throne room we see Toadsworth and Princess Peach with worried expressions on their face. "I'm here Princess Peach may I ask why have you summoned me?" Captain Toad asked. "It appears that (Kingdom Name) is in big trouble for Princess (Your Name) has been captured." Peach replied making me very worried. Princess (Your Name) and her kingdom are new allies to the Mushroom Kingdom. Once the treaty is made Princess (Your Name) and I became best friends even though we live far away from each other. "Princess (Your Name) was captured by some nasty magikoopas who work for Bowser." Toadsworth noted. "But what about Mario and Luigi? Shouldn't they rescue her?" Captain Toad asked.

~Captain Toad Point of View~

"We can't Toad Dr. Toadly reported to us that the Bros caught a cold and are unable to go in their condition." Toadsworth answered. "Please Toad go rescue (Your Name) and please be careful." Peach requested. "I'll do it Peach but I need to prepare before I leave." I stated as I left the castle and quickly went home. I grabbed my pick axe, backpack filled with items and supplies, turnips just in case, and last but not least my trusty head lamp!! "Hang on Princess (Your Name) I'll save you!!" I announced as I ran to the nearest warp pipe and entered. [Dr. Toadly is a doctor from Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story]

~Your Name Point of View~

I'm surrounded by idiots I thought in a bored tone as I was tied up while the Magikoopas were arguing on what to do with me and who should get the glory. I sighed as I looked out the window while ignoring the argument I wonder what Toad is doing right now? I thought while remembering the fun times we had. Sure Peach and Daisy may have the Mario bros. as boyfriends but I found someone who makes me smile during good and bad times. Maybe I should tell Toad how I feel about him!! I thought with a smile.

~Third Person point of View~

When Princess (Your Name) turned to see the Magikoopas continue arguing it was stopped when a big turnip fell down on a Magikoopas head. Then more turnips fell down on the rest of the group knocking them out leaving a confused (Your Name) speechless. "Psst Princess (Your Name) up here!!" A quiet voice replied. She looked up to see the person who saved her "Toad?" Princess (Your Name) replied as Toad came down using a rope. "Yep I'm here to rescue you." He replied as he used the sharp pick axe to free (Your Name). Once (Your Name) was free she hugged her hero "Thank you Toad!!" She thanked. "Anything for you (Your Name)." Was his reply as they escaped the abandoned castle.

~Captain Toad Point of View~

On our way back to (Kingdom Name) I stopped when Princess (Your Name) wasn't following me. "You okay (Your Name)?" I asked in concern. "Yes Toad I'm fine but I want to ask you something." She said getting my full attention. "Ask away." I replied. "What are your feelings toward me?" (Your Name) inquired. I blushed  but answered "I-I love you Princess (Your Name) I have been since I first saw you." I confessed making (Your Name) surprised. "B-But if you want us to stay friends I'll respect your decision." I added but was silenced by a kiss. Once the kiss was broken (Your Name) replied. "I love you too Toad, you're my hero."

Author's Note: DONE!! Took me five hours!! Please Follow, Favorite, Vote, Comment, and Review!! Thank you and see you next time!!