The Reason Captain Toad X Treasure Hunter Reader

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except the story idea!!

Author's Note: This request is for Kirba_Superstar who wanted a romance one shot with Captain Toad. As usual this story might be short due to lack of ideas and possible writer's block. Thank you and hope you enjoy this!! Italics: Thoughts Bold: Information

~Third Person Point of View~

Up in the mountains inside a dark cave we see a couple of people searching for a ancient treasure from a distant past. These two people are the famous treasure hunters Captain Toad and (Your Name)!! For the past few days they kept searching for the mythical star tablet that used to belong to a ancient tribe of seer's and wizards. But so far the treasure hunter's luck isn't going very well traps, hazards, mazes and dead ends have hampered their progress and weren't helping their mood. 

~Captain Toad's Point of View~

"Okay (Your Name) we should make camp for the night I'll start setting up the tents." I spoke to (Your Name) as I started setting up her tent first.  Meanwhile (Your Name) started the campfire and began using a cooking pot to make some (Favorite Flavor) soup for dinner. A few minutes later we began eating and discussing our plans to find the Star Tablet, but then (Your Name) asked me a big question. 

~Your Point of View~

"Um Captain Toad I know you and I have been partners in finding treasure but why did you choose me?" I questioned the Captain. He was surprised by my question then thought for a moment "Well (Your Name) that's a tough question for me to answer I'll need some time to think about it." He replied. "Okay." I nodded in understanding since I don't want to keep pestering him. As I was writing in my adventure journal Captain Toad asked me "Why did you become a Treasure Hunter?" I stopped writing and responded "One I wanted to explore the world, Two I want to learn about the history and myths of each place and treasure, and Three make memories and discoveries with you Captain."  Toad was surprised at my speech and is my mind playing tricks on me or do I see a blush form on his cheeks? I shook the thought away and went to sleep.

~Third Person Point of View~

Captain Toad and (Your Name) began entering a different cave rumored to hold the Star Tablet. During their search they found ancient Hieroglyphics depicting the Seer's and wizards holding a ceremony and one of them was holding the Star Tablet. From dodging traps and hazards to solving puzzles and mazes they've found themselves in front of a chamber filled with statues and ancient texts. 

~Captain Toad's Point of View~

As (Your Name) looked at the statues in awe I started translating the ancient text and got a huge surprise that I let out a GASP which caught her attention. "What is it Toad?" (Your Name) said with wonder. "It says that the Star Tablet is used for wedding ceremonies in the past, like a shooting star The Star Tablet represents a couple's love that never ends and continues to soar." I replied. After hearing the information (Your Name)  began to blush and get nervous making me wonder why is she acting like this. She then brought out her Camera and Adventure log to record and take picture of our discovery which gave me some time to answer her question. 

~Third Person Point of View~

While (Your Name) took pictures of The Star Tablet she was interrupted by Captain Toad, she turned around to face him "Yes Captain?" She said. "There's a reason I picked you as my partner, at first I thought of you as a friend and a person that shares the same passion for adventure as me." Captain Toad spoke "But after a year and over 30 adventures I've came to a conclusion." He spoke making (Your Name) listen in curiosity and blush. "(Your Name) I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life, by my side as my partner and my girlfriend." Captain Toad vowed. (Your Name) immediately nodded repeatedly "Yes Toad Yes I love you!!" she then kissed him with affection and passion to which he returned. 

~Author's Note: DONE!!! Took me almost five hours to finish this. Sorry if the ending is junk!! ;-; Please don't hate me!! Anyway please Follow, Vote, Favorite, Comment and review!! Thank you and see you next time!!