Ch. 12 Hunting Trip

Start from the beginning

If V and Yeri really are siblings, Jennie can definitely see the connection. They'll be carefree and playful one second and the next they'll be completely serious about business. Jennie was too focused on just getting revenge on Jason that she didn't even think of the aftermath.

"You're right," Jennie admitted, really thankful for the smart young girl. "I didn't think that far."

"That's why I'm here," Yeri's bright smile returned reassuringly. "You don't have to worry about the aftermath, just leave that part of the plan to me. Do whatever you want with him. Like I said, I'm the cover-up specialist. I just need to hear the guy's voice so I can mimic his voice and make up some scenario that would explain his disappearance."

"And that is all you're doing," V said sternly. "Staying at a safe, far distance to hear him, that's it." Jennie was quite amused at how protective he just got.

Yeri rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah, oppa, jeez, I'm not useless. I can take care of myself." Then she mumbled under her breath slyly. "Jungkook has been training me."

V's eyebrow twitched again and his frown deepened, "He what?"

"Let's go now!" The cheery girl chirped. "Hoseok-oppa should be waiting outside with a few of the fighters ready." She grabbed the two's wrists and skipped out.

Sure enough, the CEO was leaning against a bigger Jeep than V's, several other armed men getting into the car, Yeri following them in. Seeing how serious Hoseok is taking this mission made Jennie more nervous about what she was going to face, about what she's leading these people to face. She only wanted this to be a private confrontation with her ex, V being the only one she fully trusted right now. Not a potential battle.

V caught her worried glance and voiced her inner thought, "Is this really necessary?"

The redhead shrugged with a grin, "This may look like extra steps but, you know, all precautions. There's always clean-up duty, you know. Don't worry about us, Jennie, you deal with that jerk privately and we'll only intervene when things get hairy, because the scout spotted Jason hanging out with some other non-friendly looking people. Although, this could be fun for us since it's been a while since I've been out in the field-"

"Hoseok-hyung, that's enough." The sudden harshness in V's tone snapped the bright redhead out of his cheerful thought of this mission. Because of that, he now noticed the newbie shifter's pale face.

Jennie could tell that Hoseok was insinuating that he wanted a good fight, but her mind and stomach was not ready for any violence.

Hoseok may be older and one of the co-leaders of BTS, but V's next words made it clear he had quite the power and authority too. "If you want to treat this like an actual mission, fine whatever. I am leading this, so it's my call. No intervention from anyone unless I say so. Let's go, Jennie."

The said girl followed closely behind V and into his Jeep. She was glad to be out of that sudden tension, and didn't say anything when V connected his phone to the car via Bluetooth and the GPS screen appeared with a blinking dot.

"He's kind of deep into the woods," V said, "but we can catch him quick." With that, he geared up the car and drove off the parking lot, Hoseok tailing behind.

It was quiet in the car for a moment before V broke it, seeing Jennie staring straight ahead with her hands tightly together. "Ignore what Hoseok said. He's really a considerate guy, he just gets too excited sometimes. I think he forgot the fact that you're so new to our world. I know you don't like violence."

Jennie smiled slightly, "I know, it's alright. I just... don't want things to get out of hand. Seeing how prepared and serious he looked made me question what I was bringing you guys into. Jason isn't just my ex, he's a Beast Slayer too, and I don't want anyone getting hurt if he's not in his right mind right now."