Ch. 6 Saviors, not Saints

Start from the beginning

Jungkook handed the injured girl to Suran, offended but had a confident smirk, "You low-life scums defeating our white tiger? Don't make me laugh. Your luck just ran out." He shifted and the knife-like feathers shot out before some of the men could bring up their shields in time. Lisa quickly joined in, leaving the two others to keep the girls calm since they could not advance forward.

Jungkook suddenly let out an ear-splitting screech, making Jennie think that he was injured. But he only flew up just high enough to reach down and grabbed two men. The eagle tossed the screaming men into the air as if they were mere dolls and Jennie was left gawking at the next thing that happened.

A white tiger arrived at the scene. It jumped up and caught both men in the air, body slamming them down on the floor. Jennie screamed and immediately covered her mouth and turned away, feeling bile up her throat when she heard the bones crunching under the weight of the tiger. The atmosphere suddenly got literally cold like a horror movie.

The enemy shook with fright at the menacing beast, but all Jennie saw was a beautiful beast. If she just ignored the crimson streaks of blood all over its mouth, claws, and body, she could imagine how beautifully crystal white the tiger would be.

Jennie didn't know she was staring like a statue until a girl nudged her forward, out of her hypnotized state. The white tiger stalked forward making the enemy huddle back with their shields up. This created a clear path for the girls to escape.

"Move, move!" The leader of the rescue team ordered, and the girls wasted no time. Jennie followed, but not without one last look at the white tiger.

However, she only took a few strides before she felt a chilly breeze. The sensation froze her and she was pushed down as a girl ran past her. Since she was at the very back of the group, one Trafficker took advantage and aimed his rifle at her.

Jennie screamed, willing herself to move but her legs were now paralyzed. She cried, she didn't want to be the only one captured back into that cage.

But the shot never came. The white tiger knocked down the man with one swipe of his paw. It stood in front of her protectively.

"Get the others!" The bleach blonde leader yelled. "That one's useless anyway." The white tiger moved forward to block them but the Traffickers sneakingly snapped their whips at Jennie, causing the tiger to return to a protective stance, not allowing it to follow.

It let out a roar and Jennie was amazed to hear the screech of the eagle call back like they had communicated. She was also surprised when she realized the tiger had stayed back to protect her.

Then she noticed how close the tiger was to her, and how the air around it was cold as well. "No, no, no," Jennie whimpered, using her hands to move across the floor, away from the source of the cold. Her legs had given up and her arms were close to that point, shaking with that tingling sensation she felt the first time she shifted.

The tiger faced her and saw how Jennie was scared. "Go away," she cried, even though she really didn't want the beautiful creature to leave her. She just didn't want to shift because of it.

Not understanding, the tiger shifted. Holding her breath, Jennie waited to see the real face of the white tiger shapeshifter.

It did not surprise her that the most beautiful animal in the world was also the most beautiful man in the world. Her mouth still gaped open like a fish though.

"Hey, it's okay," his deep, deeeeep soothing voice said. "I won't hurt you." He laid a hand on Jennie's leg that was meant to be comforting. But as soon as his cold fingers touched her, the prickling sensation returned.