Chapter 29

Chapter 29

" So Tanner, do your parents know?" Mr. Marks asked. I stopped mind sip of my tea and my eyes widened. Crap, they will not take this well. I quickly recovered and put my tea down.

“ No, they don’t.”

“ Oh, well we must tell them right away.” Mrs. Marks exclaimed while pulling out her blackberry.

“ No!” I screeched causing the guys to stop their conversation and look at me in surprise. “ I mean, no please don’t. I would like to tell them in person.” I explained with a shy smile.

“Oh, but I’m sure they’d be just as happy to hear now sweetheart.” She smiled and started dialing a number.

“ Please don’t!” I begged.

She looked at me in confusion but nodded her head and lowered the phone.

“ I’m sorry, I don’t mean to not let you have fun in telling her the news its just. My mom isn’t a big fan of younger marriage and my dad wants  me to finish college before I get married. So you see, they wont exactly approve unless I approach it carefully.” I tried to explain and not hurt her or Nicks feelings.

“ How come you never told me this?” Nick whispered.

 “ It didn’t come up.” I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

“ Till now.” He added with a low chuckle. I threw him a glare and turned my attention back to Mr. And Mrs. Marks.

“ Okay, so no telling your mother and father till I have your approval then?” She smiled and slipped her phone back into her purse.

“ Thank you.” I sighed in relief and relaxed back into the chair.

I pulled my coat closer to block the chilly whipping wind from getting into my jacket. The frosty air of the 7 o’clock morning air. The air port was surprisingly busy for this early on a Saturday morning. The guys were getting their bags out of the back of the trunk while I stood on the sidewalk with my hands stuffed in my pockets trying my best not to cry. The guys came for such short amount of time, its hard to let them go after finally seeing them. All the feeling of my normal life that I use to have came for 3 days and is disappearing almost like it was never there. How badly I wish to clingy onto the guys and never let them leave, to never have to feel alone with out them. Ill feel empty again.

“ Tanner?” Ryan asked and squatted so he was level with me. Some how I ended up curled up in a ball on the ground. I was balancing on my feet and hugging my legs and chest together. Ryan placed his hand on my leg and rubbed through the jean material.

“ I know your sad we’re leaving but we will see you soon.” He promised. I nodded and stuck out my hand. He grabbed it and pulled me up right so I was standing facing Ron Ryan Austin and Nick. My jacket once again flapped in the wind.

“ You ok?” Austin asked while stepping forward. I stopped him with my hand and put on a fake smile. The smile iv used for years. Only one person knew this smile and knew what was behind it. and that was Nick. I turned my head so only the guys saw the smile and Nick couldn’t. Because if he did see, id never hear the end of it.

“ I’m good.” I lied and wrapped my arms around the guys shoulders as we walked into the semi warm airport.

We walked them to the check point and turned to look at each other one last time. Austin was the first to come up to me and burry me in hug.