“Can you promise me something?” Cameron asked suddenly.

“Anything.”

“Promise me, when I die; you will live the rest of your life happy and find somebody to love. I want you to be happy and I want the best for you.”

I tear up at the thought of Cameron dying. “I promise,” my voice cracks, “but that won’t be anytime soon, so I’ll continue loving you.”

My eyes start to water, so I take a deep breath as I locked the door, checking it twice to make sure, and then go to the parking lot.

***

Lucky for me, this grocery store has a Starbucks. I pay for my drink and thank the worker and find the isle with donuts.

I look at all the different types of donuts, deciding which kind to get when I hear someone clear their voice and say, "You know, the powdered donuts are the best." I look to my right and see, Nash.

"Nash, oh my, gosh." I throw my arms around Nash careful not to spill my coffee. "Hey, Bailey."

I know it's only been a week since I've seen him, but that day wasn't really a fun, talking type day. I shake my head and pull myself off of Nash, "How are you?" I ask him, looking him head to toe.  "What the hell did you do to your hair?"

"What? You don't like the blonde?" Nash raised an eyebrow at me smiling with his perfect teeth. His hair had a few spots of blonde in the front.

"No, it looks good!" I smile at him; honestly his hair didn't look bad at all. "Thanks, but I'm doing good. I'm living in my apartment alone now, that Shawn had signed to a record label."

"That's amazing! What happened to Abby?" At the mention of Abby, his face changes.

"We broke up. She and Matthew moved a couple days ago, so it was mutual." I nod; I didn't bother asking why they had to move. I was about to change the topic when Nash said, "How are you though?"

"I'm okay," I say and give him a small smile. It may not be true, but who would want to talk about their feelings in the middle of a grocery store?

"Where are you heading to?" he asks as I grab the powdered donuts with my free hand.

"To Jes-, my mom and dad's house," I quickly correct myself. You'd think for the few years I started calling them Mom and Dad, I wouldn't make that mistake. "What about you?"

"Work." We start walking down the aisle together, will food and drinks in hand.

"You should come by later," he says as I set my donuts down on the checkout table.

"Sure. Same apartment right?" I ask, double checking.

Nash nods, "Yep."

I pay the amount due for the donuts, putting the extra change in my wallet then grab my donuts.

I wait for Nash as he pays for his drink and powdered donuts. We walk out together and see we parked a couple spots away from each other. "I'll see you tonight! Wait; let me give you my number." Nash quickly jogs to me and I hand him my phone. I watch as Nash types on my phone, seconds later his phone goes off. "Now I have your number, too!"

"Thanks, I'll see you later." 

***

I pull into the driveway and take a deep breath, before getting out. I had eaten the donuts on my way here and got some powder on my sweatshirt, so I brush it off before knocking on the door.

“Bailey! We’ve missed you so much!” My Mom says right when she opens the door. She quickly wraps her arms around me, and I do the same to her.