He Saves Me from My Ex... Chapter 22;

Chapter 22;

     I wipe my eyes, feeling a few stray tears slip. Am I really crying over that jerk? Well, I mean…He was nice when I got to know him, I guess. Why was my mom trying to ruin my life again?

     As I walk out of the woods, I’m familiar with the little place I had found when I first tried running away. I pull my iPhone out of my pocket, calling Char.

     “Azura?” his deep voice answers.

      “Char,” I sob, “Can you pick me up?”

      “You disappeared on me again, babe. I’m coming, where are you at?”

      I repeat the same coordinations that I remembered. “I’m coming, don’t worry,” Char assures. I hang up the phone and just sit there, in a ball, on the dirt ground.

      What the hell was wrong with me? I was Azura Marie Carter. I was strong, I was fearless, and I didn’t show this side to anyone. Except Char, when my mother had finally pushed me over the edge 3 years ago. He caught me before I popped the pills, and we haven’t spoken about it since.

      You see—My mother really wasn’t that bad to begin with, but my father decided leaving—which, she became a alcoholic until she found my stepfather—who, in my opinion, was a very intimidating, ugly man. He never liked me, because it reminded him that my mother had been married before. He didn’t hit me, no, but he used to verbally beat me down everyday. A typical sob story right? Right. Damsel in distress, spiderman come save me. I have to admit that spiderman is sexy and I’d get caught in his web anyday. OK enough hormones. Back onto my life.

       I wait for Char to come. I pull myself together and wipe my eyes, hoping they aren’t blood red.

      “Azura?” he yells as he pulls next to me. He jumps out of the car and pulls me into a bear hug, which I felt like I was suffocating.

      “I NEED AIR,” I yell, poking an accusing finger at his abdomen.

       “Sheeeeeez, I thought you were a vampire, my bad.”

       “Look at these canines,” I growl playfully.

        “Woah now tiger, we aren’t werewolves. Leave that to wattpad romances.”

        “Hehe, I love those,” I gush as I sit in the passenger side.

        “Now tell me what happened, who’s ass needs kicked into next year?”

        “Ugh, everyone. I guess I’m not Matthew’s fiancée anymore, but I don’t know why I’m upset about it…”

        “Awh, YOU LIKED HIM! I knew it!”

        “Shut up,” I hollered, hitting him in the arm and turning pink.

         “Azura likes Mattheww!”

         “But Katelyn the slut—“

          “WOAH YOU SWORE, oh my god let’s celebrate right now.”

          “NO!”

          “Yes, bbbbbbbabbbby.”

         “Shut it before you die!”

          “Okay, okay,” he says defensively, throwing his hands up. I smirk.

          “Well, we should probably be on our way…”

          I noticed we hadn’t even moved from the side of the road. “You think?” I giggle. He starts the car, and we go toward his house, because I don’t even know where I’m supposed to live anymore.

          “Hey, hey, I  noticed something.”

          “What?”

          “You’ll be back in that hellhole for Senior year!”

          “Oh………This is great. I’m excited,” I say venomously.

          “We can see the lovely Brittany Tayr, aren’t you pumped?”

          “Yes! I can’t wait to see that two faced girl again.”

          “Me too, it’s going to be a total blast.”

          “You know it.” I lay my face on the cool glass of the window. Char is a good distraction from the ache in my heart, I decided.

           “Wanna stop at that little diner we’d always go too?”

           “Yeah!”

           As we pull in, he gets out and opens my door for me. “After you,” he bows, smirking, and helps me out of the car.

          “Oh well thank you,” I say in a posh british accent, fanning myself with my hand dramatically. As we walk in, I come face to face with someone I never thought I’d see again, with a blonde tramp hooked on his arm.

     “Azura?!”

     “DYLAN?”

**

Okay hey lovely, how you doing today? Ugh I make my stories so dramatic, don’t hate me(: anyway, comment&vote&fan, love you guyss