He Saves me from My Ex, Now it's a Arranged Marriage? [Chapter 2]

Hey Guys! Thanks for all the reads and comments! I really appreciate it and it keeps me writing!

Vote-Comment-Fan Please! Thanks! =)

A maid came in, her eyes on the ground. I stood up, looking at her kindly. She looked up at me hesitantly, so I smiled reassuringly. She nodded once, and said,

"Matthew wants you down soon...Wear something nice." I mentally rolled my eyes, and plastered on a totally fake smile. "Okay." She smiled, and walked out the door, shutting it softly behind her. I jumped to the closet, to raid my suitcases. Something nice? No way. I wasn't gonna wear something nice...I scanned over my things, and found what I was looking for. I could either wear a one piece swimsuit or a bikini. Better not let him look at me, so I grabbed the one piece and threw a skirt over it. Smiling with satisfaction, I opened the door. Shoot, I thought to myself, I didn't know where I was going! I looked across a huge hallway, my eyes bulging. My house was like...Half this floor! I began walking on the plushy carpet, my feet muted. I wiggled my toes in the softness, and looked around again.

How can someone not get lost in this place? I guess I'll be the first! Woot for me! I found a spiral staircase, and I carefully made my way down, trying desperately not to trip. The ceilings were vaulted, and I just wanted to scream, seeing if it echoed. I finally got to the end of the massive staircase, and was in yet another hallway. OH LOOK! A door! I peered through the fogged glass on the side, and it was leading to outside! No, I told myself firmly, I won't leave yet. I'll eat, grab better clothes, and my money. Then I'll get the heck outta here.

I smelled something delicious. I began following the yummy scent, and there I was. In the kitchen. A guy in maybe his mid-forties looked at me weirdly. I heard him mutter,

"When did Matthew have brunettes over?" That's when I stomped my foot, my eyes staring daggers.

"Excuse me?" I seethed. His eyes widened, and he held his hands out.

"No offense meant!"

"Offense taken."

"Sorry!"

"No apologizes accepted." He laughed, "Haha, very funny. I think he's expecting you in the dining room, Miss." I rolled my eyes,

"And where is that?" He snickered, "Okay, if he doesn't lose it with you, Miss, then I will pay you one of my monthly checks." I smiled evilly, "Deal, and I'll give ya...Hmm, nothing, but I'm gonna act awesomely mean."

"Deal, now I'll show you to the dining room."

"Okay."

"Uhh, no THANKS?"

"Nope. I don't do this 'thanks' you speak of." He huffed, and I playfully slapped him on the shoulder.

"You're soooo nice!" he mocked. "I never asked your name?"

"Azura," I replied, blushing. I hated my name. "Pretty name," he commented, "Just call me Chef." I laughed, "No first name?"

"Secret!" I ooohed, but that's when I spotted Matthew. My fun mood went downhill.

"Who let the rat in?" I said, in a snobby tone.

"Who let the gothic chick in?" he said, in the same tone.

"Who let the preppy in?"

"Who let the weirdo in?"

"Who let the moron in?"

"I am NOT a moron," he defended.

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"ARE TOO!"

"AM NOT!"

"Are too!"

"Am NOT!"

"ENOUGH!" Chef screamed, "You sound like an old married couple!" I was now fuming,

"Old? Who ya callin' old, gramps?!" He sighed heavily. "Chill," Matthew said.

"YOU!" I screamed.

"No, it's you!"

"NUH UH!"

"Oh no, not this again!" Matthew grumbled. "Nuh uh," I sang. "BRING OUT THE FOOD!" Matthew screamed, a vein popping in his head. Chef quickly brought out the food, which consists of chicken breast and rice. I blecked loudly, just to annoy him. I poked the food with my fork, and it jiggled.

"OH MY GOD! IT'S ALIVE!" I screeched, pushing my seat back and cowering under the table. I almost burst out laughing as Matthew screamed at me.

"Oh, and what the heck are you wearing?" he asked in a monotone. I ignored that completely.

"I'M GONNA GO SWIMMING!" I screamed, running out of under the table. I didn't even know if he had a pool. Whatevs. I ran down the hallway, and I could hear heavy steps after me. I ran faster, my legs pumping with energy. I burst through a door and hey...It's actually a pool! Wow, I have to have like a pool-radar or something awesome like that! I pulled off my skirt, hiding it in the corner. I pulled a chair so it hid most of my body. I was also in the shadows as he opened the door.

"Azura?" he asked. "I'm gonna find you, and drag you back to dinner!" he threatened. I had to contain my giggle as he looked. He didn't even turn where I was hiding. Hehe. He turned back around and left out the door. I looked both ways, made sure the coast was clear and just dived into the pool. It made large ripples as I swam deeper. I saw a distorted hand reach out and grab my ankle as I was underwater. I was pulled ashore, and literally, he DRAGGED me back to the table. And my skirt was there!

"I'm cold," I whined. He didn't answer. I must have gotten on his nerves! I ALMOST did a victory dance. He started eating again, and I just pushed my plate away. This time he looked up.

"What the hell Azura!? Why are you acting like this?! WHAT DID I DO TO YOU?!" I sighed dramatically,

"You took me from my home. My friends. My family, and if you haven't noticed, it feels good to be loved by someone you know and care for. I guess you don't get it because I haven't seen any of YOUR friends!" His vein popped out again,

"You wanna see my friends, Azura? Good. I'll bring them over tomorrow." There was an evil glint in his eye, and this time, I was afraid of what he was going to do. I guess it doesn't matter because I'm leaving later tonight.

Song stuck in my head....

Brick By Boring Brick- Paramore.