Ch 16. A Faraway Dreamland

Start from the beginning

"Audree, you're so pretty!" she shrieked, as she ran to me, breaking into a hug.

"Thanks." I smiled and she seemed so happy. "Is the breakfast done? I'm going to school today."

"School?!" she jumped and clapped her hands. "I'm so proud of you!" she said and took out the salad I always combined with my breakfast out of the refrigerator. I took it and finished it off fast. I needed a lot that day for energy. I had already made my mini entrance for mom and it felt good as practice.

I loved it. The proud face on mom. Like she was happy for me to be her daughter. But I suddenly had to ruin it.

"Mom?" I mumbled.

"What is it sweetheart?" she sang and checked her boiling eggs again. I hesitated. I didn't know if I dared to this. But it was like smashing two mosquitoes with one hit. It had to be done some day anyway.

"Where's dad?"

There it came again. She was so stiff. I had never asked about dad since I was a little kid before and just saw how nice Matt's dad was. I couldn't help to wonder about mine. My dad just never existed to me. I had never seen him. She just looked away at that time I asked, and I knew that she didn't want to talk about it. But this time I wasn't letting it go easily.

"He's... In a faraway dreamland." she gave me a fake smile.

What the hell? What did she even think of me? Was I still a little kid to her?

"Tell me the truth." I cried out.

"That's the truth. A dreamland..." she sighed and looked away. A dreamland?! What did she even mean? But I decided to not dig in deeper. I wanted to be happy today.

"Whatever." I dropped it. After a silent breakfast I got out to brushing my teeth.

I took the back door and stomped off with mad steps. I didn't get it. I walked deep into the woods and before I knew it, I had come to that same place to get relaxed. The meadow. I needed to just get calm. I took deep breaths and sat down by the meadow and then saw a familiar figure. It was Zach. I slowly approached him and noticed that he was sleeping. I poked his cheek and giggled a bit. Then I flicked him and he slowly opened his tired eyes. He closed the many times before opening them wide because it was so sunny outside.

"Mhhm..." he groaned. "What are you doing here so early?"

I looked down as I remembered. I felt so upset suddenly. I ignored the question and turned it back. "Nothing. Why are you here this early?"

"I always come before school." he replied casually and turned around, trying to get more sleep. I looked out the meadow and was really close to the edge of crying. My eyes were filled with tears. I didn't know how to explain my feelings at all. "What's the matter?" he asked, a bit more awake.

I looked at him, hoping that he didn't notice my eyes filled with tears.

"Hey, you look really pretty today." he smiled and made me smile as well. He sure knew how to cheer me up.

"Thanks. I was planning to come to school today." I explained and he flinched.

"You were planning to? Going to chicken out?" he joked. I chuckled at my own stupid reason.

"I asked mom why I don't have a dad." I told him and he suddenly concentrated on my every words while he was still laying down on the grass. "She told me that he's in a faraway dreamland."

"And that means...?" he said slowly, so that I could fill in the rest.

"No idea. But I think he left mom or something." I laid down this time next to him. "But that wasn't the problem. It made me realize something. And that's why I don't think I'm going to school."

"And why's that?"

I didn't know if I wanted to tell him or not. But he knew a lot. This couldn't hurt. "I... Think I have a hard time trusting men. Not having a dad for my whole life, and how my childhood friend dumped me. I guess I'm scared of them."

"You're not scared of me." he added and grinned at me.

"I don't think you're a guy." I joked but there was some truth in it. I barely thought that he was a human because of how I couldn't read his aura at all. I was still sticking onto the alien theory.

"Ouch." he hit his chest with a laugh joining up. "Why does it have with boys to do? Just blame it on your dad and that Matt guy, they're the blame. Not all the boys. It's not really fair, they didn't do anything to you." he said with a half joking tone.

"I wish. And my childhood friend goes to my school, you know." I laughed and hit his arm in a friendly manner. "And all the boys are to blame because they don't seem to like me, I don't like them and that's it! I feel so lonely, not having experienced anything. Like kissing, for example." I cried out half laughing. He just made my problems small and fun for some reason.

He suddenly got up, sitting up on the grass and looked at me with a grin. He turned to me and leaned forward, supporting his weight on his left hand that was on the spiky grass next to me. He had cupped his other hand on my cheek and got closer and closer. When our faces were inches away from each other he gave me another teasing smirk. "No wonder." he said and he suddenly smashed his lips against mine. My eyes remained open because of the shock.

What just happened?! I couldn't move. But it felt... Nice. And soft. It definitely felt weird having someone else's lips on me, because it was so unknown to me. I thought that kissing would be gross, like those desperate people at that drunken party (except when Krystal and Darrén does it though). But he didn't do anything nasty, like trying to suck out my teeth or eat my food leftovers in my mouth that some really tries to do. It was long. Though I didn't dare to do a thing because I had zero experience with kissing.

He moved his hand to my shoulder and slowly pulled out, looking at me with a smile. "Boys aren't that scary, you know." he smirked. I remained there with big eyes.

"Definitely." I mumbled, all amazed and shocked. He stroked his lips with his thumb.

"Lipgloss." he smiled and that made me blush a bit. "Looks good. But smudgy when it comes to kissing."

___________________

omgomg woopie :) Finally something happening? EXCITED? XD 

COMMOTE FOR COMMENT AND VOTE BECAUSE VOMMENT SOUNDS LIKE VOMIT AND THAT'S JUST GROSS!!!

WOOPIE WOOPIE

KIOPKEH!

JUST FOR THE RANDOMNESS