Chapter 68: Semifinals Part 1: Hau vs. Ryuki

Start from the beginning

"Pah!" Ryuki grinned evilly. "Pathetic! Now let me show you a true Dragon Rush! Garchomp!"

Mega Garchomp snarled and an even greater aura surrounded him and he rushed forwards, slamming Garchomp into the wall behind Hau. Hau's face was one of shock as dust filtered by him. He turned around to see Garchomp struggling to stand.

"Is that all you can manage," Ryuki taunted. "I've seen better. Much better."

He scowled. "I grow bored of you. Dispose of Garchomp with Dragon Pulse!"

Mega Garchomp reared back his head and unleashed a beam of blue energy. It struck Garchomp and he slumped forwards, fainted. Hau's eyes widened in disbelief, before they hardened and returned Garchomp. He turned back to face Ryuki, grabbing a second pokeball. 

"Ah," Ryuki grinned. "I like that face. Are you about to get serious?"

"There's a difference between you and me Ryuki," Hau said, meeting his rival's gaze. "Unlike you, who focuses on power and strength, I battle alongside my Pokemon, our will able to overcome even the strongest foes. That's why you'll be beaten here."

Ryuki's grin turned into a smirk. "Now that sound's as if you could actually hope to stand a chance against me. So, come at me. I have no doubt your words are but a show. But still, give it your best effort." 

"You may have lost last battle," Hau whispered into his pokeball. "But you and me, we'll show him just how strong we are. So come on! Glaceon!"

He threw out his eeveelution and she crouched, waves of frost flowing from her body. 

"What a pathetic looking Pokemon," Ryuki laughed. "Garchomp, use Slash."

"Use Protect!" Hau shouted. 

A dome of energy surrounded Glaceon and Mega Garchomp's attack bounced off of it. 

"Now then," Hau yelled, clicking a clear white Z-crystal into his Z-ring. "Let us show him what we Alolans can do!"

Energy connected him and Glaceon, her eyes narrowing at her opponent. 

"WE'LL SHOW HIM JUST HOW POWERFUL Z-MOVES ARE!" Hau roared. "SUBZERO SLAMMER!"

Glaceon shot upwards atop a pillar of ice and she towered over mega Garchomp. 

Ryuki flexed his claws. "Dragon Claw! Bring her down!"

Garchomp struck the pillar as Glaceon breathed in the air around her, the battle arena freezing in ice. Then she fired a beam of freezing wind at Mega Garchomp. It blasted him backwards onto the frozen earth, encasing him in ice. Giant spikes burst from the ice, before the whole thing exploded. 

Glaceon jumped to the ground, the pillar of ice crumbling away. When the dust and ice particles cleared, Garchomp was back in his basic form and had fainted. 

"What!?" Ryuki's eyes were wide in shock. "Impossible!"

"No," Hau said, eyes narrowed. "This is our strength. As a team, as partners, as friends. That's how we were able to defeat your Mega. Now, bring it. We're ready for whatever you have to throw at us."

Ryuki growled and he clenched his fists. "Why you little punk! I'll destroy!"

He returned Garchomp and threw out a Haxorus. "Outrage!"

Haxorus roared as a red glow enveloped him and he rampaged towards Glaceon. 

"Dodge," Hau commanded and Glaceon leaped to the side and avoided Haxorus' swinging tail. "Now use Ice Shard!"

Glaceon cried out and shot several chunks of ice at the Dragon. Haxorus stepped backwards upon impact and roared. 

"Keep at it!" Ryuki roared along with his Pokemon.