Chapter 57: It's Showtime

It's currently lunch time and I'm mentally freaking out. I keep bouncing my leg up and down. James keeps giving me a look telling me to calm down, but I just can't. I notice Quinn handing out flyers and smiling at everyone.

She makes eye contact with me and winks. I quickly look away and take in a shaky breath.

"Alex you'll be fine. People need to know how psychotic she is before they vote her as our class president and to speak at graduation." James says and Hana nods.

"He's right, they need to know. We've been over the plan countless of times. Do you wanna go over it again?" She asks worriedly and I shake my head.

"No I'm okay it's just..." I sigh leading off and they lean forward a little to hear better.

"It's just what? Are you scared we're gonna get caught?" Hana asks and I nod.

"We're not gonna get caught. Steve will be in charge of the projector all assembly. He knows what he's doing." James reassures me and I nod.

The bells ring throughout the cafeteria and everyone stands up. Instead of going to our normal scheduled classes everyone makes a detour to the auditorium.

Every year at our school before graduation all the students have to select a class president type figure to speak at the ceremony. Why they wait until the last few days of school to spect one rather than at the beginning is beyond me.

I link arms with Hana and James as we walk to our seats. Hana finds us a spot and leads us all to free seats. I slump down and shake my leg. I raise my hand up to my mouth and nervously chew on my thumb nail. Earning a disgusted and displeased look from James.

"You seriously have no reason to be nervous. It's not like we're telling everyone that she did you know what when you both were younger." James says and I nod.

I fought tooth and nail with myself the whole entire time I was planning this. Did I really want to bring that awful day up? Would it do anything? All I'd be doing is stooping down to her level.

"Take your seats everyone!" The voice of principal Jung echoes throughout the room. The stage lights glow as they focus on our principal. He smiles at everyone before continuing.

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this very important school assembly. We've been doing this tradition for a long time. Now I know-" I tune him out as he repeats the same speech he uses every year.

I glance to my side and see Hana texting. Her thumbs going a mile a minute. She looks up at me and shows me her conversation with Steve. Cringing at his contact name. 

My baby forever❤️
Everything is all set up. Tell Alex to chill out. I can see her shaking from here.

I look up to where Steve is and he grins down at me. I glare and roll my eyes at him as he sends me a sarcastic blow kiss. Has he been hanging out with Jin?

Hana locks her phone up as principal Jung finishes his speech. He calls up all the students nominated and smiles to them. Jung hands over the microphone as all the contestants wait in a line for their turn to say their speech.

When it finally gets to Quinn's turn I'm about ready to fall asleep. I only jolt awake when I actually pay attention to what she's saying. Which like I assumed was all bullshit.

"As you all know I've been the president and leader for many of our clubs. My biggest achievement though has got to be when I banned bullying and cyber bullying at our school." She takes a pause and I roll my eyes.

I notice James raise an eyebrow and he leans down to my ear.

"When the hell did she ever ban bullying at this school? Especially when she's the biggest bully here." I shrug and Quinn begins to speak again.