Chapter 4: Alex the Klutz

Alex's pov

I hurriedly walk into the school and instantly want to turn back around and go home. I wouldn't even be here this early if it wasn't for apparently being a "reliable, trustworthy, and outstanding student." Principle Jung words not mine.

So here I am walking around the halls of the school pinning up papers to bulletin boards to spread the word about something, that I can guarantee you only half of the school actually care about.

As I am walking I wasn't paying attention, to busy counting how many papers I have left to put up, and me being me I bump into someone. Or at least I hope it's a someone. I have a bad tendency to run into walls and polls. I kind of a klutz. You can always rely on me to bump into or break things. I don't mean too, life just hates me sometimes.

But anyway good job Alex.

"Sorry." We both say and I can tell just by hearing the unfamiliar voice he's new and also a guy.

I look up at him and he doesn't say anything. I'm not gonna lie he's kinda cute. Okay I lied he's a lot cuter than just the simple "cute", but I just bumped into the guy, so he's gonna be in the cute category for right now.

"It's okay we both weren't looking." I say breaking the silence and apparently him out of his daydream.

He stutters out an apology and I gotta say it's adorable when people stutter. He helps me pick up the rest of the papers. Then hands them over to me when they are all collected.

"I'm Alex by the way." I introduce myself.

Don't wanna come off as rude, especially to a cutie and surprisingly nice person like him. Actually I wouldn't care if he was attractive or not, I'd still be nice and introduce myself. I'm not a monster.... To new people anyway.

"Jeon Jungkook" I notice he manages to spit out without stuttering.

Yep he's definitely new. I know I'm not that good with remembering names or just people in general if we're being honest here, but I know for a fact I've never heard his name in this school or seen his face around this school.

"You're new here, I can tell." I mean to mumble to myself, but me being the flop of a person I am, says it louder than I needed to. He just nods.

Either he's really shy or he thinks I'm a weirdo.

I'm gonna go with the second one.

"Well thank you jungbook for helping me with the papers, but I sadly have to go. See you around." I send him a small wave before waking away and around the corner, walking down a new hall.

I finish up my paper duties and check the time. Seeing I possibly have about 8 minutes until my first period class starts. I quicken my pace to my locker and grab everything I'll need when I get there.

As I make my way to class there's only one thing on my mind. Actually I lied there's a million things on my mind. Deep thinker problems. For some reason my mind keeps going back to one certain thing though. Not letting me forget about the new kids attractive face so easily.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm first to the cafeteria out of my friends and I happily get into the lunch line.

Food is such a wonderful thing. I love food.

I fill my tray and pay for my food before going to my friends and I's table. I sit down and a few moments later my two best friends, James and Steve. Along with Steve's girlfriend, and basically my soulmate in friend form, Hana.

"How do you get here so fast?" James asks while taking his usual seat beside me.

I shrug not really feeling like talking, since I am to busy stuffing my face. He shakes his head at my apparently "poor eating habits", which I think is ridiculous he thinks that, and steals one of my fries. Causing me to slap his hand away.