Chapter 1: The "Exciting" News

Jungkook's pov
I watch the clock on the wall tick away as I wait for the "exciting news!" my manager has called me into his office to tell me. I look around his office and nervously shake my leg up and down, until I hear his office door open causing me to stop and get up from the uncomfortable chair.

I turn around to face him and bow earning a smile and bow back.

"Please Jungkook sit." He says while walking over to his desk chair and sitting in it.

I once again plop down in the uncomfortable chair and face him, giving my full attention.

"So you might be wondering what this news is, but first before I tell you, can you please call the rest of the boys in here?" He asks and I nod getting up and walking to the door.

I didn't have to go far or even out of the room because once I opened the door six faces were staring right back at me.

"He needs you all in here as well." I say and they all look at each other worriedly.

I sit back down and the hyungs all find a place to sit or stand.

"Okay, so as you know Jungkook here is almost finished with school and I couldn't be more prouder of him." Manager Sejin smiles and kindly praises me.

I return the smile and feel my hyungs pat me on the back.

"But with the sudden popularity you boys have been getting, which is great by the way, it's causing a disturbance in Jungkook's education. I got a call from the school administrators that if he misses one more day they have the right to expel and basically kick him out of school. Idol or not." He explains and I tilt my head confused.

"But wait, didn't the school state that it was okay for him to miss as many days as he needs to because they understand his situation?" Namjoon asks.

"I thought they did in the beginning, but apparently they don't anymore. They said something about since it is his last year he should be there and not miss any days. So I'm sorry to tell you this Jungkook, but either we find you a new school or you can't go to school. At least until your schedule frees up."

It's my last year and I might not even get to finish. I can't quit now. If I quit now I'll never have the time to finish.

"Is there anything we can do or say that the school will reconsider? It's my last year manager hyung. There has to be something we could do or say." I ask or more like plead.

"I'm sorry Jungkook, but no. It's either you don't miss no more days, which isn't going to be possible, or we put you into another school that will actually fully understand your situation ." I sigh at that answer and slump in my seat.

"Well we're definitely not pulling you out of school. You've been able to get this far and you're going to finish." Jin hyung speaks up and I nod.

"I was still planning on going to school hyung don't worry. My parents would kill me if they found out I didn't finish school." I tell him and he nods.

"Good boy." He smiles and I shake my head at him.

"So are we taking the switching schools option?" Manager hyung asks and I sigh before nodding my head yes.

He claps and starts moving towards his computer.

"Great! I'll start looking for schools and set everything up, as well as explain your situation. Thank you boys, you can go practice now we have a performance in two days."

We all nod and bid our goodbyes before trudging to the practice room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been a week since my meeting with manager hyung about the school situation and I'm currently cleaning out my locker and returning all my textbooks to the correct class or teacher.

It's bittersweet leaving this school.

I've gone here for majority of my final school years and to not say I'll be able to finish here is weird.

I'm not really sad about leaving the people here though. I mean none of them talked to me anyway. Once they realized that I was an idol they instantly only wanted me for popularity, which is weird since I barely was ever at school. As well as I didn't really talk to anyone, like at all. I mean I have my hyungs, who else would I bother to talk too, when I just have them.

I walk through the long hall one last time before exiting out the big entrance double doors and descend down the stairs leading to the parking lot. I spot the hyungs and get into the car.

"Got everything done?" Hoseok asks causing everyone to evert their attention to me.

I only nod and they return back to their conversations from before. I plug in my headphones to my phone and hit shuffle.

~~~~~~~~~

We get back to the dorm and I instantly start to head up to my room. I only stop when I hear Jin hyung call out to me. I stop on the stairs and turn around and look down at the end of the stair case where Jin was standing.

"You start your new school tomorrow, so if I were you I'd go to bed early tonight."

"Do you know where I'm going? Like what school it is?" I ask curious.

"I have no idea, but be up and ready, we'll leave at 7." He says and I nod before continuing my mission to my room.

Tomorrow is gonna come to fast for my liking.

It's not that I'm not excited for the new school, I am, but what I'm not excited for is being the "new kid" that also happens to be an idol. I just hope tomorrow will go smoothly and I can actually enjoy my first day without worrying.

With my thoughts running around in my head I didn't notice how tired I suddenly was. With that being said, I quickly change into some sweats and plug in my phone, before heading off to sleep.