Chapter 36: You

Jungkook's pov

We all walk out on stage and begin our performance.

I look to the crowd and I'm surprised when I can see Tristyn, Alex, Cole, and James cheering us on. This gives me a weird boost of confidence and I continue to perform all out. I steal glances from Alex here and there.

Hopefully she realizes what this song is actually saying. I'm basically performing this to her right now. It's my way of telling her how I feel, without actually saying it back.

Jimin finishes his mini solo dance and I move back to the front/middle. We finish big and I look toward the crowd from my ending position. I see Tristyn smirking at me and Alex smiling, causing me to smile back.

*****

"Ah Jungkook!" Namjoon yells.

"He was great!" Taehyung says watching the performance closely with Hobi.

"Jungkook ended up looking really cool." One of the staff cuts in.

"The dance style fits him well." Namjoon compliments and they continue to huddle around the phone.

"We looked really cool walking out in the beginning." Hobi says and Taehyung agrees.

I decide to walk over and view. I'm getting so much praise, I have to see why they're praising my performance so much.

"Jungkook-ah you ended up looking really good." Taehyung says.

"Yeah, you seriously did really well. You carried us." Hobi compliments and Tae agrees, "You did the hard carrying."

"You did well." Hobi repeats and I kneel down a bit more to see.

He then rewinds it back to the beginning and makes sure I'm watching, "Jungkook look look, you were seriously cool, just watch."

The hyungs continue to give me praise, which I'm thankful for.

Jin and Jimin come over and watch.

"Jungkook!" Namjoon yells getting my attention, "You were really cool."

I thank him and go back to continue watching the performance. When we've all got a chance to watch it, Hobi hands the phone back to one of the staff. Apparently we're ending the show with "Perfect Man", so I have to quickly get changed out of my current clothes and try to find the other outfit.

"where are they?" I mumble and walk around the dressing room.

"Kookie, why aren't you dressed yet?" Namjoon asks and I look up at him.

"I can't find the outfit." I say and turn my attention back to the clothes box. After awhile with not finding them, I'm starting to accept the fact that I might've just not packed them. Well that was until Namjoon decides to be a life saver.

"Found them!" He yells and I rush over to where he's looking.

"Oh thank god! I would've been in trouble." He hands me the clothes and and hurries me up.

"Get changed you still need to practice!" I nod and hurriedly get changed and throw my previous clothes at my clothes box. The hair and makeup noona's call me over and they quickly fix my face and hair. When they're done with me, I rush out of the room to the hallway.

I come to a halt when I almost bump into Namjoon, Tristyn, and Alex. I apologize and walk over to the hyungs who were practicing.

When it's time to walk and wait behind the stage, we all follow the staff and Namjoon, Tristyn, and Alex follow behind us. We have a few minutes before we have to walk up, so I take a seat on a chair and go over the lyrics.

Alex walks up and smiles at me and I smile back. I turn my attention to her once I've gone through the lyrics enough and the hair stylist walks away to one of the hyungs.

"Are you nervous?" She asks and I shrug.

"A little bit, but that's normal, I'm more nervous since we're the last to perform." I explain and she sends me a small smile while nodding.

"I'm sure you'll do great, like always." I smile at that and she looks around before meeting my face again, "So what did you want to tell me?" She asks referring to earlier and I notice my hyungs are out of hearing range.

Would now be the perfect time to confess to her? I mean I don't see any other time I'll be able to. Since our schedule is going to be packed with our upcoming comeback soon. So I think now would be my only option. Which crap! I didn't even think of how I was going to confess to her. I hate to do this, but I guess I'll have to wing it.

"Well for starters I want to apologize for not talking to you these past weeks. I don't want to use my work schedule as a excuse, but that's literally all it was." I begin and she nods understanding.

"It's okay I completely understand, you don't have to apologize. Your job is hectic." She says and for some reason I let out a sigh of relief.

"I still feel bad, but that's not what I wanted to talk about." I say and she starts to look worried.

"Oh okay, is everything alright?" She asks and I nod.

"Uh yeah, kinda, you know that girl that I said I liked?" I ask and she nods, "Well she was here tonight and when I was performing I kept thinking of how I was going to tell her my feelings. Could you help me?" I ask.

This is probably the safest way I can confess my feelings to her. If I see her reaction is positive, then I'll say that I meant that all to her. But if she looks like she could careless, I'll play it off as if she wasn't the girl. This is going to be interesting.

"Oh, Uh yeah, sure, I guess just pretend I'm the girl you like and tell me exactly what you were going to say." She says and I nod.

Okay here goes nothing.

"So we've known each other for awhile now and we've become pretty close friends. It was weird how fast I was able to befriend you, since I'm not that good around girls or people in general. But when I met you, you were different. I could actually talk to you and not have to worry about you judging me or using me for my so called 'fame'." I take a breath and look to see she's listening intently, so I continue.

"I could talk to you about my problems and you'd actually listen. As well as show that you genuinely care, which is something not many people do anymore. I think that's what made me fall in love with you. I love how caring you are, even with people you don't know. I love how when you're happy about something or you get excited about something your eyes light up and almost sparkle. I love it when you're scared, I know weird thing to say." I cut off when I hear her laugh, but soon continue when she waves herself off.

"I love it because you don't care who you cling onto for protection. If you'd let me I'd always protect you. I love it when you smile. Just seeing it can make anyone's day. But the thing I love most of all, is how big of a heart you have. You aren't afraid to show people the real you and put your heart out on the line for someone. You know you're not perfect nor do you strive to be perfect, but to me you're the definition of it. I've fallen madly in love with you and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon."

She sits there shocked processing everything I just said and even wipes a tear under her eye, "Jeez Jungkook that was- if this girl doesn't accept you then she doesn't deserve you." She says and I look down at the floor.

"So that was good?" I ask and nervously glance up to see she is nodding her head.

"Yeah, I would legit die and ball my eyes out if a guy said that to me." She admits and I smile.

She didn't ball her eyes out, but she did shed a few tears. I can work with that.

"Who is this girl anyway? I never got a name?" She asks and I freeze.

Oh god, it's now or never. I take a deep breath and look up at her before nervously speaking.

"You."