Chapter 27: Hey, Burn It Up

Jungkook's pov

We're currently waiting for our turn to perform. While everyone watches the current act, I'm studying my calculus book. I write down the practice problems that I'd need to do for homework and work them out before walking over to Namjoon or Tristyn to 'grade' them and check to see if I'm doing them correctly.

When I finish my math portion of studying I exchange my calculus book for my English workbook. Which basically is just a study's guide containing nothing, but vocabulary words that will more than likely be on the CAT test at the end of the year. It's basically a test that determines if you go to college and possibly graduate.

All in all it's stressful and annoying.

"Jungkook take a break before you stress yourself out to much and get sick." Noona says and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I can't noona I have to study this. My first exam is tomorrow." I say flipping through the pages and she sighs.

"You have to take an exam already? Why so early?"

"It's to see where I'm at right now so they can get a base score. So then they can tell me how much I need to go up by when I take it in December/January." I explain and notice her nod.

"Well atleast promise me you'll take a 5 minute break? Taehyung is bored and wants someone to run around with." She say and I look up and over at Tae. He looks bored out of his mind.

He catches me looking and smiles. He yells for me to get over there and play with him. I swear he's two years older then me, but acts like he's 6. You gotta love him though.

I nod and he smiles wider. I look back to Tristyn and she's smiling at me.

"He hasn't been that happy in awhile you know." She says and I nod.

Yes noona I know. I've been the one by his side the whole entire time.

I walk over to Taehyung and he begins to show me a new game he downloaded on his phone. He told me he hasn't played it yet cause he wanted to see if I knew what to do.

I don't even notice how long we're playing the game until one of the hyungs call us out to the hallway so we can run though our performance.

We're performing Fire and I'm not really looking forward to it. I mean don't get me wrong I love performing and I like the song, but not when I have a lot of things on my mind.

Besides from studying all morning long, I've also had a massive migraine that won't go away. I don't know why I'm getting migraines all of a sudden, but it could stop anytime now. I silently whine when one of the staff yells to us that we only have 10 minutes.

What they were right by my ear and loud. They didn't help my migraine pain at all.

"Kookie you okay?" Tristyn asks causing Jin to rush over to me and put a hand on my head.

Oh god here we go.

"You're warm, do you have a fever?" He asks and I shrug trying to pry myself away from him.

"I don't think I do, I just got done practicing." I say and he nods before putting a hand on my forehead once again.

"Eomma Jin mode activated." Jimin hyung says earning a laugh from Namjoon and Hobi.

"Are you feeling faint? You look a little pale and that's even with the makeup on." He says completely ignoring Jimin as well as causing Taehyung to freak out.

"IS KOOKIE GONNA PASS OUT?" He yells with worry and slight horror.

The other hyungs look at him then look over to me. Well besides Yoongi hyung who is passed out on one of the chairs.

"I'll be fine TaeTae don't worry." I say and Jin gives a look not believing me. I groan annoyed rolling my eyes and he whacks my arm.

Should've saw that coming.

"Don't roll your eyes at me young man I'm just worried about you." He says and I sigh.

"I'll be fine hyung relax." I say and walk back over to where my stuff is.

"We're still going to take your temperature when we get home." He says and I sigh in defeat.

*****
After the performance we all pile back into the dressing room exhausted. I know for a fact I probably seemed off the entire performance. That being because I was if I'm completely honest. I had too many things going on in my head and while trying to focus on the performance. Once the performance started I just wanted it to be done and over with.

"Jungkookie you look pissed off in this." Namjoon hyung says and walks up to me. He shows me the tapped performance and I watch.

I really do.

"I swear I wasn't, just a lot of things on my mind." I say and he nods.

Noona walks over to us and Namjoon traps his arms around her. She looks at his phone to watch the performance again and then looks up at me.

"Jeez kookie you really did look pissed. You look like you just don't want to be up there." She says and I can't really come up with an excuse.

She's not wrong. I didn't want to be up there. I wanted to get my studying done and over with. But with this job it's sometimes hard to do what you want.

"Yeah..." I trail off and manager hyung tells us to pack up and go back home.

******
When we get back to the dorm I quickly run to one of the bathrooms and quickly take a shower.

After taking one I walk out in a towel and my clothes under my arm. As I'm almost to my room I hear Tristyn call my name from downstairs. I drop off my clothes in the hamper and quickly walk down to where she's at.

Not expecting to be down there very long I decide to just keep the towel on and then go get changed when she's done taking to me.

I should've gone and changed.