Chapter 9: Get A Room!

Alex's pov
*Tuesday at lunch*

It's already lunch time and I'm currently sitting outside under a tree with Jungkook sitting across from me.

"Well let's get started." I say breaking the awkward silence.

He nods and once again we have silence.

I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. I mean normally I never know what I'm doing, so it's not much of a difference. But in this situation I have no freaking clue what I'm doing.

"So... How is the school treating you? Are you liking it?" I ask and mentally face palm myself.

Wow out of all the things you could ask and start a conversation with, you start one about school?

"I-it's been f-fine. B-better than m-my o-old school."

"That good to hear. I think. Um what's your favorite subject?" I ask.

"I l-like a-art." He says and I nod.

"Really? That's cool. I've never been able to do anything artistic ever." I say and laugh. He gives me a tiny smile.

Are we getting somewhere?

I remember Tristyn said that once he warms up and gets used to you, he'll not stutter. So maybe if I keep talking to him like this and prove to him that he can trust me. Maybe that'll help stop the stuttering. It's worth a shot right?

It once again goes silent between us when I can't think of anything else to ask or talk about. This is strange for me because normally I would be able to keep a conversation, but with him I can't.

"Well this is fun." I say and he laughs.

"V-very."

"So Jungkook, is there a specific reason you stutter?" I ask.

At first I just assumed it was a speech impediment, but after seeing him talk to Tristyn so smoothly without any stuttered words. I terminated that assumption.

"U-um not really." He says and looks down at his lap.

"If there is you don't have to tell me I won't force you into telling me. I was just curious so I know what to help you with." I say and he nods.

"O-okay." He says and I raise an eyebrow confused.

What does okay mean? Like okay thanks for understanding? Okay I'll tell you? C'mon Jungkook help a girl out what do you mean?

"I um b-basically c-can't r-really t-talk that w-well a-around girls. E-especially p-pretty girls, l-like you." He explains, but mumbles the last part. I still heard him though.

He thinks I'm pretty?

Wait what? He thinks me, myself, and I is pretty?

Awe! I'm flattered and greatly confused.

"Well I think you're pretty cute yourself." I say without thinking and instantly realize what I just said.

I notice his face is turning a bit red and I'm sure mine is about the same if not worse.

"T-thanks."

I nod not really trusting myself to talk.

Cause you know, knowing my mouth I might start confessing other things and feelings that I'm not sure are actually real or not. I look over at him and he looks up at me. I notice him slightly biting his lip and I look away. Could he not do that like ever again. Does he know what he's doing to me? No I don't think he does. I don't deserve this. I'm a go- okay person.