Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 29]

Twenty-nine:

"I have a huge surprise but I can't tell you yet," I tell Adam, Eli and Clare at my locker in the morning. Adam was standing next to me holding my hand.

"Come on just tell us. You've been wanting to tell us all week," Clare begged and it made me smile.

"I am going to announce it to the whole school. Sav is letting me," I happily say then let go of Adam's hand. "Go to class. I'm going to go do the announcements," I smile and walk away.

I walk to where they do the announcements and see that Sav was already there. He smiled as he saw me and let me into the glass room.

"Good morning Degrassi students and let me say thank god it's Friday! I have a friend here with me named Emi and she has something pandemic to tell you. Let's just say you better pray you are free this weekend," Sav says and looks at me nodding me on to talk.

"Well for starters I moved to Degrassi because my father got moved here for work. He is now a big business man for a firm. His firm is throwing this huge kind of party and everyone is invited. It's not so much a party but a carnival. There will be games and rides. I know it will be awesome because the firm put me in charge of it. I hung fliers around town and at The Dot. If you want one just come find me. I'm going to steal Sav's word because this carnival is going to be pandemic!" I giggle and Sav high fives me. "I'll see you all there. There will also be some amazing food. Bring your sweet tooth. Oh and wear a costume. Anything you want. Think of it as a huge costume party," I say then leave the glass room.

Whenever someone passed me in the hall they asked for a flier and high fived me. Everyone really seemed to like the idea. My dad would send me texts throughout the day and tell me how everything was going. It seemed like it would be perfect.

After school my we met at my locker. "Clare, Clare, Clare!" I shriek.

"Emi, Emi, Emi!" she giggled in return.

"I order us both costumes. I hope you like the color blue," I smirk and she looks at me nervously.

"Should I be afraid?" she asked.

"No because you will look amazing," I smile.

She nods rolling her eyes then giggle. "I will trust you. We should go get ready," she smiled and I couldn't help but hug her.

"Eli," I say and he looks at me and smiles. "I had a costume sent to your house. I think you will enjoy it. Same goes for you Adam. Uh well since Adam has to be my date that means you and Clare should go together and don't complain," I tell him with a smile.

"Why do we need to bring a date?" Eli said and I gave him a stern look.

"Because it's nice to go on dates. Plus the four of us will look amazing together," I wink.

"Alright, fine. You will repay me though," he said and I rolled my eyes smiling. "Well we'll meet you both at the place. Bye," I giggle and take Clare's hand walking away from the two and out of the school.

Once we got to my house we got ready. My costume was a purple corset top dress with purple converses. Clare's was a white, teal, blue and purple gypsy costume. For shoes teal gladiators.