Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 33]

Twenty-three:

Eli and I did fall asleep till two hours after we lied in bed. We stayed up talking to each other. I pretty much told him my life story. I explain to him fully why I moved to Degrassi, about how my parents split up a few weeks before the move. He listened to every word I said. By the time we fall asleep I felt like we really knew each other.

In the morning I was woken up by a banging on Eli's bedroom door. He sprung up when he heard it and both Adam and Clare looked at him nervous.

"Yes?" Eli called.

"Honey can I come in? Your father and I have something important to tell you," his mom called through the door.

"Can it wait till later?" he asked and looked at me. He mouthed, 'get in the closet.' I quietly stood up and hurried into the closet with Clare.

"No we need to talk about this now, Eli. Open the door," she said and Eli stood up. I watched what was going on through a slit it the door.

When he opened the door his mom and dad came into his room. Adam stood up and looked at the two. "Should I leave?" he asked and Eli's mom shook her head smiling.

"Eli, your father and I are leaving town for a few days. We are going to be with a few old friends. We are scared to leave you home alone but we have no other choice. We were thinking that maybe some days you can spend at a friend's house. Can we trust you?" his mom explained and Eli seemed to relax.

"Yeah mom that's fine. I will be alright. When are you guys leaving?" he asked and looked at Adam quickly.

"Well we are all packed and ready to go so I suppose now," his dad responded.

"Oh okay. Well have fun you guys. I promise everything here will be fine," Eli put on a smile and hugged his parents. When they left his room and quickly locked it. I fell out of the closet with Clare and looked at Eli. He walked over to me and looked shocked. "That was so random," he said and I smiled at him.

"Well parents do what they want to," I smile then hear my cell phone ring.

I looked at Eli nervously then walk over to wear I had all my things. I picked it up and didn't recognize the number but could tell it was a European number.

"Ello?" I answer.

"Oh sweetie its mum. I was so worried about you, are you alright? Your father called me last night saying you stormed out of the house but didn't take your car," her voice made me want to scream. She was the last person I needed to hear from right now. We never really got along and for starters I was happy when my parents got divorced and I moved to Canada.

"I'm fine and with a few friends. Why do you even care? You never cared for me once in my whole life," I say annoyed.

"What are you talking about? I love and care about you so much, Emi-Rose. What has gotten into you?" she asked.

"No you haven't. You always put me down about everything. You made my life hell. Dad at least understands me and has faith in me," I tell her.

"If he understands you so much why did you walk out last night? Is this what Canada is doing to you? I think I will have a talk with your father to send you back here!" she shrieked and I wanted to throw my phone.

"Look you aren't the boss of me and I can't even call you my mother. Just stay out of my life I don't need you. You are only calling me right now because dad knows I wouldn't answer if I saw his number. I wish I was the one that got a divorce from you!" I hiss into the phone then hang up.

The three in the room stared at me blankly. Eli brought his hands up and started to clap slowly. The others imitated him. I looked at the ground and kicked my dress. I then called my dad.

"Emilia! Where are you?" he answered sounding not at all mad just worried.

"I'm at a friend's. I'm fine, don't worry about it. Dad I want to divorce mum. I know that is harsh but she has never been there for me and well you know everything there is to know," I say softly.

"Sweetie...we are away from her, she won't hurt you anymore. But if that is what you want I will write it up as soon as possible. Emilia, I am sorry I yelled at you yesterday. I want you to know that I am fine with your sexuality. I will welcome you no matter what. I love you as you are and you are the greatest daughter anyone could ever have," when he said this I wanted to cry.

"I love you dad. Thank you for understanding and excepting me. Dad I'm dating Eli too. It's for real and I want you to know he is a great person. He cares about me a lot," I tell him and look at Eli. He smiles and walks over to me and grabs my hand.

"Okay Emi-bee. I will trust your judgment. Are you coming home? I understand if you want to wait a while to cool down. I just want to hold you in my arms," my dad said and I could basically hear him smile.

"I'll be home soon, I promise. I'm sorry I walked out and made you worry," I tell him.

"It is okay. As long as you are alright," he said and I smiled.

"I am more than alright. I'll see you soon, dad. Bye" I hang up and looked at the group. "I want to go home," I say and bend down picking up my clothes.

"Where my stuff home, you can give me it back Monday," Eli tells me. I smile and slid on my shoes.

"My dad said he will love me no matter what," I say happily and hug my dress tightly. "Eli! Claude was left in my mustang all night. I hope he is okay," I say and Eli looks at me then laughs.

"He's a strong one. I think he will be fine," he smiled and hugged me. Adam and Clare looked at each other confused.