Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 10]

Ten:

I was pumped by the time morning came. I just wanted to drive the mustang. It was a stick shift but luckily in Europe you had to learn on a stick shift before automatic. I felt more confident when I woke up and got ready for school. It would be a lot easier to face school knowing I would have friends to be with.

I wanted to make a statement today like it was actually my first. I pulled on a black tutu skirt with a teal v-neck shirt tucked in. I pulled on lace arm warmers second. I pulled on black knee high socks that had a white bow at the top. I then put on teal converses that had black laces.

I did a basic smoky eye shadow and lined my eyes with black eyeliner and made a cat eye look. I added gold to the corner of my eyes then finished with mascara and deep red lipstick.

I left my hair natural, not bothering to straighten or curl it. I put on black knitted hat that had a white bow on it. I smile at myself in the floor length mirror that lay against my wall.

Before leaving my room I grab my bag and car keys. Dad had already left by the time I was down stairs. He always had to get to work early but I never really minded that. We always found time to see each other and were actually really close to each other.

I felt a rush go through me when I started to mustang. I could feel how much power it had. By the time I got to the street I already had a comfortable feel for the car. It was made for me. I felt as though I was part of the car. It made me want to speed but I didn't go insane. I just wanted to make it to school alive.

When I pulled into the parking lot I saw students look at me. He made me smile. A bigger smile spread across my face when I saw a spot open next to the only hearse that would ever be parked in this parking lot. I noticed Eli, Clare and Adam standing in front of the hearse talking and I got extremely excited for no reason.

I parked the car and shut it off. When I got out I slammed the door shut and locked it. When I looked up Eli was giving me his signature smirk.

"Let me just say, dad was not made at me. He bought me this," I say happy as I walk over to the three.

"That car is amazing," Adam said. He stared at it gaping.

"I think my dad just won father of the year," I joke. I sigh happily then look at Clare. "Friday me and you should go for a late night ride with the top down if it's nice out," I tell her and she smiles as she nods.

"That would be great," she happily says.

I giggle and throw my keys into my bag. Kids walked by my car and they all stared at it then stared at me. I knew I was leaving an impression.

"Looks like the hottest girl in school now has the hottest car," a boy with brown curly hair winked at me. I smiled back and then looked at the ground.

"Don't let him get to you. He just covering up," Drew mumbles as he walked by me. I grabbed his arm and he stopped.

"What's his name?" I ask letting go of his arm.

"Riley. I am going to give you advice. Do not get on his bad side. He has anger problems," Drew shakes his head then laughs before walking away.

I made a face then looked at Eli. He smiled at me and then placed his hand on my chin and moved my head up then from side to side. "You wear lip stick?" he asked with a questioning look.

"Does it look bad?" I say worried.

"No, it looks nice on you. Just some guys don't like kissing a girl when she has on lipstick," he winked when he said that.

"Well I'll keep tissues in my bag so when a guy goes to kiss me I can wipe it off," I say and smirk. He smiled and raises his eye brows.

"Always thinking," he winked and nudged me a little. I blushed then lost it and looked at the school.

Clare looked at me and then looped her arm with mine smiling. She started to walk toward the school and I walked with her at the same pace. The two boys followed behind us.