Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 4]

Four:

After lunch was gym, probably my least favorite class out of them all. It wasn't so much the running around, or sports that I hated but what my body did when I ran or bounced. For a seventeen year old my body was well mature, if you know what I mean. It made me feel uncomfortable around pretty much everyone. I could see that the guys really enjoyed it though.

Gym seemed to be the longest class today. I just wanted school to end so I could see Eli. One more hour left then we're free. I stopped by my locker quickly to put a few things away and to grab my English stuff.

When I walked into class I did the same procedure I've been doing all day. I went to the teacher first and told her I was the new student. She smiled and looked out at the classroom. Students were still coming in then I got caught off guard staring at a smirk dancing on a certain someone's lips.

"Converse," Eli chuckled. He gave me a little wink then sat down in his seat. Clare sat down behind him.

Ms. D looked at me then walked away to shut the door. When she came back she clapped both her hands together to get the attention of the class. "Class this is Emilia-Rose Blackburn and she will be joining our class. She has came all the way from England," she happily said and Eli seemed to have his full attention on me.

"You're from across the river, mate?" Eli smirked putting on a British accent.

"Born and raised," I smile and he leans back in his seat.

"I thought earlier you were making your voice have an accent for the hell of it," Eli commented and I gasped a little.

"Well I see you two have talked before so why don't you take the open seat next to Eli," Ms D smiled and I did as told. "Class continue to work on your short stories. Eli explain to Emilia-Rose what we are doing."

Eli turned so he was facing me and even Clare looked at me. "We are writing short stories. Write about anything you want but not vampires. That's Clare's topic," Eli chuckles and Clare pushes him.

I smile and look at Clare. "Oh my god! Are you the girl that wrote sexy vampire stories about Declan Coyne? He got a real kick out of that but the stories were pretty ace. Fiona sent me them all," I giggle into my hand and Clare blushed.

"You know the Coyne twins?" Clare softly asked me.

"Pretty well. Fiona is a good friend and Declan, well he and I were pretty close back in England," I shrug.

"Write about that. You probably had some crazy times with him," Eli winked.

"His family does know how to throw parties but I think I will write about a concert I just went to. That's more of my scene then some rich kid's party," I remark and Eli nods.

I smile to myself then open my notebook and start to write. I write about how I had met the band and was in the front row of the mosh pit. I put so much detail into my writing but it was hard to focus. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that Eli would sneak a peek at me every so often.