Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 9]

Nine:

I told Eli the directions to get to my house. I wasn't so sure about how to get to it so I looked it up using my iPhone. I thought it would be the safest bet. When he pulled into my long driveway, I saw my dad sitting on the front steps. My stomach churned and I felt uneasy. I took a deep breath before opening the door.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow," I say before stepping out. They said goodbye and Eli slowly drove away. I looked at my dad nervously. He folded his arms across his chest.

"Who was that?" he asked. There was a hiss in his voice.

"Eli was the boy driving. Adam and Clare were the two in the back." I say and he nods. "They were just welcoming me to Degrassi," I quickly add.

"Well I am not too sure you will be riding around in the hearse for much longer," he said and came closer to me dropping his arms. He grabbed my hand lightly and pulled me toward the garage. He was confusing me so much. What was making him act so weird?

He let go of my hand and walked away from me but soon turned around. "Wait right here," he ordered and I was too afraid of him right now to not listen.

I turned my back to him and looked out at the driveway. I soon heard the sound of a car start up. It sounded like an older one. I wonder who in the neighborhood had one. I pushed that aside trying to think of why my dad would be mad.

Before I could think of a reason I heard a car horn. It seemed very close and made me jump. I turned around to see a cherry red '65 mustang convertible with white racing stripes. I gasped and y dad stepped out of the car with a huge smile on his face.

"I got you didn't I? You thought I was mad at you!" He said laughing. He reached back inside the car and turned it off. "Emi Rose, catch!" he said and threw the keys to me.

I looked at them with my eyes extremely wide. I was in shock. I looked back up at my dad and he was still smiling.

"It's yours. I promised you a car when we moved to Canada and I know how badly you wanted one of these so I found you one." My heart was racing and I couldn't believe him when he said this.

"Oh shit. Dad, thank you so much. Bloody hell! This is so ace!" I shriek and run to him and give him a hug. I jumped up and down when I ended the hug and screamed at the top of my lungs. This has to be the greatest gift I could have possible ever get.