Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 6]

Six:

I stared out the windshield with my eyes wide. I barely blinked. What had just happened? Did he really just kiss me, did I really just punch him? I started to breathe heavily not really noticing.

"Converse. Are you okay?" Eli asked taking a quick glance at me before looking back at the road.

"I just punch that boy in the face," I shriek and Eli actually smiles at this.

"And pretty much everyone in the school wants to. He violated you, Converse. He was asking for it." Eli calmly said. The car stopped and I looked out my window to see we were parked in front of a placed called, 'The Dot'.

I looked back at Eli and sighed. "It's going to be hard to avoid him," I mumble.

"I won't let him hurt you," Eli tells me. He sounded truthful but he caught me off guard. He placed his hand on my thigh. I looked straight out the windshield and I heard someone clear their throat from the back.

"Can we just go in the Dot?" Clare asked and I opened my door too quickly and fell out.

I pushed myself up from the ground and tried to play it cool but I couldn't and just gave up. I refused to look at the others and followed behind them into the small place. I could recognize a few people from Degrassi already there.

Once inside Clare and Adam found a table but Eli put both hands on my arms and stood in front of me. "Look, I know we just met. But you are making me worried. Are you alright?" He asked. He sounded so caring but in his eyes he looked hurt.

"I feel like I'm putting you three in danger with that kid. Now I feel like I will be the one with a fist in my face," I softly tell Eli and look at the ground.

"I won't like anyone hurt you. Plus that guy is going to end up in jail soon," Eli gave a small smile.

"He was ready to hurt you just because you talked to me," I mutter.

"Don't worry about it. I can handle him. Let's get a coffee and relax. Everything will be fine," he dropped his hands then headed toward the counter. A boy with black hair sat at the counter and was talking to another boy that had blond hair. The blond hair boy was in a Dot uniform.

Eli slapped the boy with the black hair on the back making him turn to look at him.

"Eli!" he smiled and they shook hands.

"Hey Sav," Eli smiled then looked at me making Sav and the blond hair boy look as well.

"Wow," the blond mumbled.

"Guys this is Emilia-Rose Blackburn. She is new and moved here from England," this was the first time Eli has said my real name. I could tell he noticed I was surprised at that and smirked. "But I call her converse," he added. There we go, my nickname. I actually kind of liked it.

"Welcome to Degrassi, Converse. I'm the president of Degrassi," Sav smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Yeah. You were on the TV in the morning," I say and he nods still smiling.

"I'm Peter! I graduated and work here at the Dot," the blond happily said.

I smiled at the both of them and Eli looked at Peter. "Can I have a black coffee, Pete?" he ordered then turned to face me with a questioning look. "I'll buy yours. You've had a rough day."

"Oh, uh thanks Eli. I will have a white mocha...iced please." I say looked at Peter and he smiles at me before heading off to make the drinks.

Sav looked me up and down. "So what is a girl like you into?" he asked.

I was confused at this question, how should I answer? Was him asking this saying that he was into me? What was with these guys already?

"Guys like Eli. I dated Declan Coyne but he's not so much my type," I quickly answered. There was not much hesitation.

Both Sav and Eli looked at me like I was crazy. Sav then looked away and started to laugh. Well now I knew I answered that wrong.

"I meant what type of things are you into. Not guys. But now I know what you like," Sav winks and I laugh nervously.

"I was joking anyway." I say and look away from them and focus on Peter making the drinks before really answering the question. "I like music and going to concerts. I also like to draw, read and write. I uh play guitar and sing," I say and Peter sets down both drinks.

"I have a club called Above The Dot, You should play," he smiles and I gasp.

"I suck, I can't," I shrug and look at Eli.

"Well we will see you both around." He says and turns around heading over to Clare and Adam. I take a seat in between Clare and Eli.