15

Annie released a loud, pain filled cry as a bucket of boiling hot water was poured onto her, causing her to sputter and cough. The water felt like fire sizzeling into her skin. That added with the dozens of bleeding cuts and scrapes on her face, it was truly excruciating.

"I've heard that Werewolves are sensitive to heat" Drago sneered, as he took off some of the heavy plates of his armor, revealing his buffy chest. "I guess studying your kind wasn't a complete waste of time."

Right after the guards had taken her out of the cave, they brought Annie into the Sliver Corps main base, and into a section specifically for Werewolf prisoners. Dozens of iron cages lined the floor, some started on top each other. Almost all of them were empty though; the last Werewolf prisoners the Corps had were accidentally killed during one of Hange's experiments.

Annie was in the middle of the cave, her arms tightly bound with chains attached to the wooden chair she was sitting on, along with her legs. She spit out some of the hot water mixed with blood, as it drizzled down her face and hair.

Drago stood in front of the chained girl, with three Royal Guard soldiers accompanying him.

"Now, don't even think about shifting" the general growled. "Those chains are made of Sliversteel, the strongest metal known to man. Even if you were to shift, the chains wouldn't break. So I wouldn't suggest it."

Annie didn't respond.

"Now, I don't what to do anything too violent, so let's make this quick, wolf."

Drago then lowered his head, as to get down at Annie's level.

"I got a report yesterday that your dog buddies are planning on expanding your territory further, and have taken over Quakers Peak. Is this true?"

Once again, Annie said nothing.

"How do we get past your defenses?"

Nothing.

Drago huffed. "Impressive."

He snapped his fingers, and one of the guards came back with another bucket of hot water. He went behind the blonde and poured it over her, causing Annie to cry out again. She coughed loudly, almost choking. Her clothes were completely drenched, the blood from her face now rolling down her neck.

"Unless you want another dumped over your head, I suggest you start talking" the big general growled.

Annie looked up, panting heavily.
She looked at him right in the eye.

"Bite me."

One of the soldiers suddenly burst out in anger: "You foul wrench!!"
He was just about to land a punch to her face, but Drago stopped him.

"Not now, Samuel."

"But it insulted you, General!"

"No need to fret over it. Besides, I'll handle this."

He walked closer to the blonde, and started taking off black gloves he had over his hands.

"This war is coming to an end, dog" he started, "whether you like it or not. There's no point in trying to defend your people. You're royalty to your leader means nothing."

"I am.....not royal to him...." Annie stammered.

Drago raised an eyebrow. "Really? Then who are you royal to?"

Silence from Annie again.

The general placed his gloves down, and balled his large fists.

"And here I was hoping you would cooperate."

Suddenly, he threw a strong right hook right onto Annie's cheek. It felt as if she had been hit in the face with a metal crowbar. Blood flew out of her mouth and sprayed onto the floor. Before she could remotely recover, Drago threw another punch, this time it empacting with her jaw. More of her blood flew through the air.

Drago threw three more punches into Annie's face. Once he was done, his fists were coated red.

"Now are you ready to talk?" he asked, wiping the blood off his hand with a cloth. "Dammit. Now my clothes are dirty" he looked down at his now blood covered shirt.

Annie's breathing was ragged and uneven. She had two cuts on both cheeks, along with some on her lips, and they were gushing blood. There were other scapes and scratches, but they weren't as bad. In other words, her face was almost completely covered in red, the only thing washing it off being the remaining water falling from her hair.

Spitting out some more blood, Annie shook her head no.

Drago sighed in frustration. "Very well. If you're not going to speak, then maybe your human friend will." He turned around, making his way to the cave exit.

Annie immediately lifted her head. Using what strength she had left, she croaked: "D-Don't......hurt her."

Drago stopped walking, looking at the Werewolf through the corner of his eye. "Excuse me?"

"I-I'm the enemy......she...isn't..... Hurt m-me..all you want" Annie stammered. "D-Don't touch her..."

The general spat in disgust. "Stop trying to mimic human behaviour. It's fucking pathetic."

"Put her in a cage" Drago ordered the guards, as he continued walking towards the exit. "I'll decide her fate later."

The guards did as they were told. They took off the chains restraining the blonde, got her to her feet and pushed her to one of the cages. Annie didn't even bother to resist; she was too weak to try. The soldiers put her into a cage, which was so low to the ground that the only way she could fit inside was by lying down. Once they put her in, the tightly secured the opening with more chains, locking the padlock with a key.

"Better get comfortable, little doggie" one of the guards sneered. "You're gonna be here for a while."

Annie growled up at the two men looming down at her.

"What, don't you speak English?" he joked. "Actually, who am I kidding. You only speak mutt."

"Bark! Bark! Woof Woof!!!" the other one mocked. They both let out cackled laughs.

Annie growled again, but this time a little quieter. As the two guards walked over to their table covered in game cards, cigars and booze, the blonde lay quietly in the cage, wiping some of the blood off her face with her sleeve. Her whole head was throbbing, and suddenly she had lost the ability to think clearly. With all her energy now gone, she passed out, the last thing she saw being iron bars.

After a couple of drinks with his fellow comrades, Samuel caught up to his general. He bowed respectfully, and Drago acknowledged his presence.

"General, may I ask you a question?" the dirty blonde asked.

"Of course, Samuel" Drago replied glumly.

"What do you have planned for the Ackerman girl?"

Drago released a deep chuckle. "There is only one highly effective punishment for traitors such as her," he ran his fingers though his hair, "and that punishment is death."