30

It was dreadfully silent.

Mikasa, Annie and the group of soldiers had been walking for over three hours. The ravenette's wrists itched and burned because of the ropes, and her throat felt painfully dry. Annie hadn't given much effort to struggle; with the Sliversteel chains around her, it prevented her from turning into her wolf form.

"Let's stop here" Rick said, which had been the first words spoken in a long while. The other soldiers looked up at him, a confused look on each of their faces.

"Why are we stopping, captain?" A tall, red head soldier asked. "The wagon's still an hour away."

"I know. But I figured we'd take a break and have some fun" a sadistic smile suddenly curved on his lips. "Unchain the dog."

Annie looked up, surprised. The red head soldiers eyes went wide.

"But, sir-"

"Shut up and obey orders" Rick growled. "Unchain her."

The soldiers looked uneasy, but obeyed and started removing the chains around the blonde's wrists. Mikasa suddenly felt even more scared.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Tie the Ackerman around the tree" the black haired male said, ignoring her.

"Rick" Samuel walked up to him. "This isn't what we're here for. We need to-"

He was interrupted when Rick's fist quickly impacted with his face. Blood flew from his now cut lip, while trying to regain his footing.

"I SAID SHUT UP!!!" Rick roared. "I'm in charge here, so I'll do whatever the hell I want!!"

The other men back away, almost as if they were frightened.

"Now" Rick cleared his throat. "Hold the wolf down."

"Wait, what-" Annie started to protest, but she was knocked down when the bottom end of a spear hit the side of her head. Two soldiers grabbed her arms and held her down.

"Annie!" Mikasa cried, struggling against the ropes holding her against the trunk of a tree. "What are you doing?!"

"You know, all we've been doing these past few days is running our asses because of you two" Rick said, once again not listening to Mikasa's words. "We haven't got a single break, all because the General is obsessed with finding a girl and her mutt. And honestly, it's been pissing me off."

Rick then knelt down across from Annie, who was struggling against the men's grasp. The black haired man pulled out his dagger.

"This will hurt a lot less if you stay still" he hissed. Before the blonde had any chance to react, Rick lifted up the end of her hoodie, revealing her stomach. Annie growled, still trying to break free.

"Such revolting scars" he snickered. "Let's add another."

Then, slowly, Rick stuck the tip of his dagger into Annie's stomach, and made a long, bloody carve in her flesh.

"AAAGHHH!!!" the blonde screamed, as she started thrashing against the soldier's grip.

"ANNIE!!" Mikasa cried, tears beginning to form in her eyes. She struggled desperately. "Stop it, you bastards!!!!"

Rick stopped, his weapon now soaked in blood. He smile evilly at the long cut on Annie's stomach, satisfied with his work.

"Where's the fun in that?" he sneered.

"You crazy son of a bitch..." Annie snarled, biting her lip because of the pain. She saw that Rick was distracted; she lifted her foot and kicked him in the stomach, sending him back. He let out a wail as he quickly regained his footing.