31

"Who the hell are you, horseface?"

"I don't have a horseface! And who the hell are you?!"

"Calm down, Ymir" Historia put a hand on the freckled brunette's shoulder.

"You're telling me to calm down? He's the one who's yelling!"

"Just let Annie and Mikasa explain. Please?"

Ymir grumbled. "Fine."

"Okay then" Annie spoke, holding the wound on her stomach; despite it being bandaged up, it still hurt like hell.

"This is Jean, a....friend of mine" Mikasa started to explain. "He helped us escape from the soldiers."

"Is that one of them?" Historia asked, pointing at Rick, who was still unconscious, laying in the back part of the wagon.

"Yes. He's lucky he's still alive after all that..." Annie grumbled.

After Ymir had received Annie's message via mind powers, both her and Historia followed behind them after they were taken. They were quite a far distant away, since it took them a while to actually get out of Trost, but managed to catch up quickly when Annie sent them another message.

"Anyway" Mikasa went on. "Jean, this is Ymir and Historia."

"Hey" the brunette said, his harsh tone fading, although he still was in a some-what annoyed staring contest with Ymir.

"Hi" Historia waved, trying to sound friendly. Ymir internally scoffed, but gave him a small nod.

"Hey, wait a second" the brunette raised her voice. "Isn't this the guy who sold you out?"

Jean looked at the ground again.

"Yes. He is" Mikasa replied. "But that's something we can talk about later."

"Wow" Ymir suddenly smirked, which surprised Jean. "I'm surprised you haven't beaten the shit out of him yet, Ann."

"I wanted to..." Annie grumbled, looking at the brown haired boy. Jean tried to look brave, even thought the blonde's gaze made even him shudder. "..but somebody convinced me that it wouldn't be good if I did."

"And I'm happy that you didn't" Mikasa put her hand on her arm, a small smile spread across her lips. "We should get going; it'll get dark soon."

"And where exactly are we going?" Ymir questioned.

Mikasa flashed a confused look, then looked over at Annie.

"I haven't told them yet" she stated.

"We're meeting up with the rest of the Sliver Corps, the ones loyal to Erwin" Jean jumped in. "They'll be able to help us....I hope."

"You hope?" Ymir spat.

"Look, I know it doesn't sound like a solid plan" Annie stepped in between them, "but it's the only one we've got right now, alright?"

Ymir let out a frustrated sigh, but relaxed when she felt Historia's hand wrap around hers.

"Alright" she repeated back. "I'm sorry if I seem frustrated. All this war stuff is getting to me."

"I get it Ymir" Annie smiled at her friend. "Come on, we should go."

"Yeah."

The five of them then loaded onto the horse-drawn wagon. Jean sat at the front and took the reins, while the four girls jumped into the back.

"There's some rations in a box back there" he addressed to them. "It may take a few days to get to them, so take as much as you want."

He whole body shuddered when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Mikasa gave him a small smile.