33

"One at a time out of the wagon. No sudden moves" the soldier with the messy blonde hair ordered to the occupants in the wagon. Mikasa and Annie slowly stood up, raising their hands up in the air. The soldiers around them all stood firm like statues, not moving an inch as they held up their weapons. One by one, the blonde and the ravenette, Ymir and Historia hopped out of the wagon. Then, two guards went up to Jean and roughly tied his hands behind his back, practically pushing him off the high seat.

"Hey, wait" Mikasa spoke up. "He helped us. He's not-"

"His fate will be determined later. He has betrayed our leaders trust" the blonde said, as the soldiers restraining Jean took him away, along with Rick's still unconscious body.

"Who the hell are you guys?" Ymir snarled, moving slowly yet protectivly in front of Historia.

The blonde soldier shook his head. "That's none of your concern, Were-"

"They're Sliver Corps soldiers" Mikasa interrupted him.

"And how do you know that?" the blonde soldier asked.

"Because I am one, or rather, was one. Plus, the emblem on your armor" she pointed to the left side of his chest, which bore the Sliver Corps insignia.

"Wait" the soldier made a shocked face. "You're-"

"Mikasa!" a voice rang out from the group of soldiers. The ravenette realized the familiarity of the voice, and nearly gasped when she saw who it was; it was Sasha, with Eren, Armin and Connie standing beside her. She then let out an 'oof' when Sasha had run up and pulled her into a hug. A wave of relief washed over her.

"Oh, you're okay" she heard Sasha say, her voice slightly cracking. "I was so worried, Mikasa. I thought..."

"Hey, it's okay" the ravenette gave her a soft pat on the back. "It's good to see you again, Sasha."

The reddish brunette pulled away, smiling at her while wiping small tears out of her eyes. Before she knew it, both Armin and Connie had run up and hugged her.

"Thank God you're okay" Armin breathed out, tears also beginning to brim his eyes "I-I was worried sick."

"Me to" Connie chuckled, relief very clear in his voice. "To be honest, I thought we were all goners."

"Hey, it's okay you guys" Mikasa soothed them both. "I'm just glad you're all alright."

The messy-blonde soldier waved his hand, telling the armed men and women lower their weapons. Spears, swords and axes were now put away.

Mikasa looked over at Eren, who was still standing some distant away from her. He didn't look happy; he looked shocked, as if he would burst out crying at any moment. Slowly, the ravenette approached him.

"Eren?" she said softly. "Are you okay?"

The brunette's lip was quivering. Suddenly, he pulled her into a strong embrace, burying his face into her shoulder. Mikasa's breath hitched when she heard him sob. Very softly, she began running her hand up and down his back.

"Shhh...it's okay Eren. It's okay."

After seemingly hugging for about five minutes, Eren pulled away, smiling with tears still in his eyes. He still didn't say anything.

Then, he turned his head and looked at Annie, who had now lowered her hands. Mikasa noticed that his expression changed; it was now one of anger, his eyes blazing like fire.

Suddenly, Eren ran up and grabbed the collar of Annie's hoodie, and shoved her against a nearby tree. The blonde let out a shocked yell, as her back collided roughly against the stump, some splinters flying.