35

"Psst.....Mikasa."

The ravenette groaned at the sound of the voice, squeezing her eyes shut even more than they already were. It was one of the few times she's actually gotten a good night's sleep, and she was refusing to get up.

"Come on, beautiful. It's time to get up" the voice said again. Once more, Mikasa groaned in protest. She finally sighed when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Alright......I'm up" she grumbled, her eyelids slowly opening in defeat. She sluggishly sat up, stretching out her arms and yawning in the process. Once her vision had adjusted, she saw the blonde standing by the tent entrance. She furrowed her brows when she saw a grin spread across Annie's face, looking as if she was holding back a laugh.

"What?"

"Your hair" she chuckled, pointing to the top of Mikasa's head.

The ravenette's hair was, in fact, a mess. Her jet black locks stuck out at random places, some locks all tangled together. She blushed slightly, as she tried to fix her hair to make herself look more presentable- or decent, for that matter.

"You could've told me eariler" she mumbled.

"I kinda like it" Annie replied. "It's cute."

Mikasa's face grew red again, earning another chuckle from the blonde.

"So why did you wake me up?" she switched the subject.

"Right" Annie nodded. "It's about Rick."

Mikasa frowned at the mention of the man's name. She also tried her best to hold back a visible shudder.

"What about him?"

"He finally woke up. The commander wants us to be there during his interrogation."

"Interrogation?"

Annie shrugged her shoulders. "That's all I was told."

Mikasa raised an eyebrow, but stood up and walked outside nonetheless, Annie tagging beside her. Both walked over to another tent, which was crowded with Sliver Corps soldiers.

"There you guys are!" a voice yelled from the crowd. Hanji pushed her way through the large group of people towards the two girls.

"Hey, Hange" Mikasa greeted her.

"Here to see the prisoner?"

"We were told to" Annie replied.

"Ah, yes of course! Erwin is waiting for you" the brunette said gleefully. "Follow me."

Once again moving through the crowd, Hange led Mikasa and Annie to the tent entrance. The ravenette was rather surprised on how many people were standing outside; she soon found out why when they walked inside, as she drew out the smallest gasp.

Rick was very much awake, as he struggled against the ropes securing him to the middle beam of the tent. His face was caked with blood, his nose broken and his left eye already turning purple. Beside him stood Captain Levi, the gloves he had on his hands soaked with red.

"Ready to talk now, mister Rick?" Levi growled at him. "Or are you going to keep being difficult?"

Rick let out a strangled laugh, coughing out some blood in the process. "Why so grouchy, Captain? Maybe if you're more polite I'll talk."

He then looked over and saw Mikasa and Annie standing across from him. A blood-smothered smile curved across his lips.

"Why, hello Miss Ackerman" he purred. "What a delight it is to see you again."