16

The Sliver Corps was in an utter state of confusion.

Word had gotten out fast of a Werewolf who had somehow managed to slip past their defences and take shelter inside a section of their mountain. That wasn't the most surprising thing, however. The Corps was even more shocked to hear rumours that Mikasa Ackerman, who was a prized and loyal soldier, had been the one to hide the Werewolf and treat its wounds.

The Corps' suspicions were about to be confirmed when Drago had ordered them all to meet in the middle of the base.

"Attention, men and women of the Sliver Corps" the tall commander announced to all the soldiers who had gathered, among them being Eren, Armin, Sasha, and Connie.

"I know by now that you've all heard the rumours of a Werewolf sneaking past our front lines. This is in fact true. We have the dog in our captivity now, and I am working on extracting information from it."

The crowd of soldiers all whispered to each other.

"And the rumour of the soldier Mikasa Ackerman hiding and helping this Werewolf......are also true."

The crowd buzzed again, but this time the whispers were filled with anger and astonishment.

"It has been decided by the High Council and myself," Drago continued, "that the treason committed by Mikasa Ackerman, is not to go unpunished. She is hereby sentenced to death, and her execution we be held tomorrow at dawn."

The crowd almost went silent.

"W-What?" Eren stuttered, not being able to comprehend what he just heard.

"Executed? This can't be for real...." Sasha said nervously, her hands shaking nervously. "Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse..."

"It's my fault" Armin said suddenly, tears brimming his eyes. "I-I should've gotten there sooner. If I had, M-Mikasa wouldn't be-"

"Hey, this isn't on you" Connie put a hand on his shoulder. "Someone else ratted Mikasa out."

"What?!" Eren exclaimed. "Who the hell would do that?!"

"And as for how I got this information" Drago raised his voice. "Please allow be to present a member of the 104th trainee squad, Jean Kirstein."

The four of them all gasped. Jean walked up beside Drago, his hands formally behind his back.

"Kirstein here informed me on what was occurring inside our own base, and because of him, we managed to snuff out our enemies."

Most of the crowd remained silent. There were the rare few that clapped for Jean, which only made Eren's blood boil.

"All of you will be required to attend the execution tomorrow. I recommend that you take it in, and see what the cost is for betraying your own people" Drago hissed.

"But what about the Werewolf, sir?!" someone from the crowd asked.

"That mutt's fate will be determined by it's willingness to cooperate" the tall leader boomed. "Once I'm through with it, I'll personally skin its hide and make it into a rug. You're all dismissed."

The crowd dispersed, all going back to what they were originally doing. Drago left, leaving Jean alone.

As soon as the crowd was completely gone and he could see him clearly, Eren charged up to the light-brown haired male and punched him square in the jaw. Jean, who wasn't ready, was sent spiralling, his nose already bleeding.

"Eren!" Armin exclaimed, as he grabbed his best friend's arms in order to prevent him from doing more harm.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!!! HOW COULD YOU?!!" the brunette roared, trying to break free from Armin's grasp.