Netherlands x Male!Reader-Forgotten Birthday

(A/n):The Netherlands' birthday is on the 27th of April

(A/n):The Netherlands' birthday is on the 27th of April. Happy birthday Tim.

Netherlands-Tim Van den Berg

(M/n)-Male name
(F/a)-Favourite animal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Netherland's P.O.V.
I wake up feeling like today is special for some reason but I can't place my finger in it. I pull myself out of bed and head to the bathroom to get ready. Maybe a shower will help refresh my memory as to why today is special.

After I finish showering and getting ready I grab my phone to see (M/n) has messaged me, asking if I want to go to the markets with him. Of course I agree and begin to feel excited that I'm going out with him.

I have a crush on (M/n) and I have for a while, he's perfect. He's nice, cute and never asks me to buy or pay for anything. He complements me on my tulips and helps me garden as well. I don't know if he'd like me back because I find it hard to show emotion.

Hmm maybe it's his birthday today, hmm no it isn't. Its not anyone I know's birthday at all. I don't have any anniversaries today and it's not Valentine's Day, Christmas Day or Halloween. If there is nothing on today then why do I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh well, I need to go meet (M/n).

I grab my coat and walk out into the windy streets, walking to where the markets are being held. I'd drive but I don't want to waste money on petrol. Plus it's bad for the environment. I make it to the markets and place my hand in my pocket to get my phone but I accidentally left it at home.

I wait outside the entrance hoping (M/n) isn't inside yet. After a few minutes I decide I should probably go inside and as I turn around a hand is placed on my arm. I turn to see (M/n) smiling at me and I smile softly.

"Hey Tim." He says happily "Ha-"

Before he can finish his sentence someone trying to seek strawberry's calls out to buy them.

"Shall we go inside?" He asks

"Yes." I answer and we walk to the market

We begin walking through the markets, usually I'd reject because it means I might have to spend money but with (M/n) it feels ok. I know he isn't going to treat me like his personal wallet.

"So how has your day been? Did you get anything yet?" He asks

"My day has been pretty food, and no I haven't bought anything yet, I waited outside for you." I reply

"That's not what I-" before he can finish his sentence he is cut off again by some stranger walking into him

I reach out and grab him so he doesn't fall to the ground, in the process I end up holding him close to my body, just a small movement forward would connect our lips.

"Are you ok?" I ask pulling him back up to stand straight

"Yeah I'm fine." He says blushing and dusting off his clothes

I take his hand softly in mine and continue walking down the pathway to look at all the things. We come across a stall that is selling small porcelain animals and I see him looking at a/an (f/a). When he's not looking I'm going to buy it for him. I can give it to him while confessing, which hopefully I can do.

His hand slips out of mine as he turns to pet a dog that is walking past. He's so cute, I turn to the stall owner and quickly buy the animal. I pay and place it into my pocket. After I take (M/n)'s hand we continue walking.

(M/n)'s P.O.V.
I'm so happy that Tim is holding my hand, his hand is so warm and big and it makes me feel safe. He doesn't seem as happy as I thought he would be today. It's his birthday today and he seems to treat it like every other day. Hopefully it's not me...

Maybe it's because I didn't get him a present, well I did. I'm just waiting to give it to him. Hopefully  he'll like it. We continue walking and I hear my stomach growl.

"Haha sorry, I guess I'm hungry." I say "We should go get lunch."

Tim nods and we walk to the food area where little stalls are set up. We order some food and sit at one of the tables. Our hands are still together as I don't want to let go.

When our food arrives we let go of each other and begin to eat. I secretly keep peaking looks at him, his beautiful green eyes and spiked blond hair make him look amazing. I'm blushing so much just being close to him.

After we finish eating he goes to throw our trash away and I pull out the present I want to give to him.

"Hey doll-face, what you got there?" A male voice says and I look up

It's some guy with auburn hair and a nail bat.

"A-A present." I say nervously

"Who for, hopefully not your boyfriend as I'd like to take you out sometime." He says smirking

"Umm that's ok, I kind of already like someone else." I say

"It's ok doll-face, he doesn't have to know." The man says and places his hand on my arm

Suddenly it's slapped off and Tim is standing there glaring at him with rage.

"Get away." Tim says and the man stands up

Tim is taller than him and despite the nail bat Tim is more intimidating.

"Fine, whatever." The man says and begins to walk away, winking at me as he leaves

"Who does he think he is?" Tim sighs and sits down "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, just shaken." I reply

He sits down next to me and places a hand on my cheek, looking into my eyes.

"We should go somewhere else, I have something I want to give you." I say

"I have something I want to give to you as well." He replies

We walk away to a little bench in the park next to the markets. It's private and no one can find us unless they're looking.

He reaches into his pocket and places the small porcelain (f/a) I was looking at.

"Oh Tim it's beautiful, but why?" I ask

"Because I like you, more than a friend and I want to show you." He says and sits closer to me, blushing a lot

"I like you too." I reply happily

I kiss his lips softly and he kisses back. It's warm, sweet and a little hesitant, just like Tim. We pull apart and I smile.

"I have something for you too." I say pulling out my present "Happy birthday."

"It's not my birthday?" He says confused

"It's definitely your birthday." I reply

"Give me a calendar. It's not and i will prove it to-" He says but then stops when I show him the calendar on my phone "Oh, never mind. Happy birthday to me."

"Did you seriously forget it was your birthday?" I ask

"Maybe." He says beginning to open up the present I gave him

Inside the packaging is a glass figurine of two bunny's touching their noses together with a love heart in the middle. His face looses all stoic demeanour and he smiles widely.

"I love it." He says and kisses me again

"I'm so happy." I reply kissing back and hugging him tightly while on his lap

We stay hugging for as long as we can before my legs get tired holding me up. We decide to head home and watch a movie. Then we can go out for dinner to celebrate his birthday. Im so happy, I just can't believe he forgot his birthday.