Royal!Turkey x Fem!Reader-Masquerade Ball

Turkey-Sadik Adnan

(Y/n)-Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"(Y/n) you need to wear a dress!" My mother yells from across the room

"Why?"I ask "It's not like I'm trying to impress anyone."

"(Y/N)! PUT ON THE DRESS!" My mother screams in frustration

I sigh and grab the dress my mother wants me to put on. I go behind the screens and pull it on. It doesn't look horrible but it's uncomfortable. I step out and my mother gasps in happiness. She passes me a mask to put on and I snatch it from her.

Tonight I'm going to a Christmas masquerade ball. I was invited personally by King Sadik Adnan for some reason that I don't know. My mother says it's because he is looking for a bride but he isn't going to get that far with me.

I check myself in the mirror one last time and walk to the carriage waiting for me. My mother and father climb in after me and it begins to move. It shouldn't take us long to get there but it feels like forever.

Finally we arrive and walk up the large staircase to the main doors and as we walk in I feel all eyes on me. I'm just glad no one will be able to tell who who I am under this mask. My parents head off to dance somewhere.

I observe the throne and no one is sitting there. Figures, it would give away the kings identity. I'm getting a drink.

I walk over to the refreshments table and pour myself some of the punch, hoping it's alcoholic. I take a sip and as I do a man appears next to me. He has a white mask, but I can see beautiful brown eyes through it. He is tanned and quite tall.

"Can I help you?" I ask

"Would you care to dance?" He replies

"Yeah sure, why not." I answer placing my drink down and take his hand

We dance for a bit together and I feel lost in his eyes. They are so beautiful. No, stop! I can't be falling in love with him, I don't even know who he is.

Turkey's P.O.V.
I twirl the beautiful girl I'm dancing with and her (e/c) eyes seem to sparkle in the lights. I already know this is (Y/n) (L/n), the one who will become my bride. However I need her to fall in love with me so she isn't forced into it.

We continue dancing until, it's time for me to reveal my identity in front of everyone. I tell her that I have to leave and she nods. I walk up to the large staircase and when I look back she is gone. The balcony door shuts catching my attention and I realise that she has gone outside.

In front of everyone I unmask and they do the same. There are a few shocked gasps and giggles as people realise who each other is and I head out to the balcony to see if (Y/n) is ok.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.
After I finished dancing with the mystery man I went to the balcony to calm down. My parents would be so angry if they found out I didn't dance with the king. I have no idea who the king is but it would somehow be my fault.

I look inside and see that everyone has taken off their mask so I do the same. I look up at the moon and wonder what would happen if I did marry the king. I don't want to marry someone I don't love but what if I'm forced into it?

I hear footsteps and it's the man I was dancing with earlier, except without the mask.

"Is everything alright?" He asks

"Yeah, just worried about my parents." I reply

"Why?" He questions

"I was supposed to dance with the king, according to my mother he wants to marry me or something." I sigh "It's so dumb, why can't I just get married when I want to?"

I look over at him and he seems a little nervous. I can see it in his brown eyes,

"Well I'm King Sadik." He says a little nervously

"You?!" I exclaim shocked

He nods and I lean on the balcony rail in shock.

"Wow I wasn't expecting that." I whisper

"Are you disappointed?" He asks moving closer to me

"No, just surprised." I say

"Want to get out of here?" He asks

"Really? Yes." I giggle and he leads me to the edge of the balcony

We climb down the tree and sneak through the garden.

"There's a Christmas fair if you want to go?" I offer

He nods and softly takes my hand as he leads me through a secret tunnel. We walk down the street and as we make it to the fair we realise it's closed.

"Now what?" I ask

"Jump the fence." He says

"You know you're really not what I expected from a king." I laugh and begin to climb the fence

We jump inside and run over to where the rides are.

"Ok so if we press this button the Ferris wheel will start and then stop every five minutes on a different cart." Sadik states

"Ok then." I say happily and climb into one of the carts

He presses the button and quickly runs over an jumps in. We sit down together and it becomes silent. I realise that this is the person my parents want me to marry. My family isn't royalty so me marrying into a royal family would be good but strangely at this point I'm not to against marrying Sadik, what is this feeling?

"It it true that you invited me to ask for my hand?" I ask

He stays still for a few seconds and then nods, his beautiful brown eyes seem pained.

"Do you want to marry me, or is it set up by someone else?" I ask

"I want to, but I understand if you don't." He says, he brushing some of my hair out of my face

"I don't know, I just want to marry someone I love." I mumble moving closer to hum

Slowly we press our lips to one another and pull back smiling.

"Maybe we could date for a few months and see where that goes?" I offer

"I'd like that." He smiles

What can I say? The Turkish man has captured my heart. He seems really nice and he didn't force me to do anything. He is handsome as well and my parents would approve of him. I think o can see us getting married in the future.