Canada x Fem!AnimalLover!Reader-Animal Shelter

(A/n):Requested by Artistic_14 , hope you like it :)

Canada-Matthew Williams
France-Francis Bonnefoy
Prussia-Gilbert Beilschmidt
Spain-Antonio Fernández Carriedo

(Y/n)-Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.
I walk down the hallway of my school, it's just as plain and boring as it is any other day. We don't have any special events, I don't have any assignments to do, no matter how much I hate them at least it gives me something to do.

Home isn't really any better, my parents are always working and I don't have any siblings, it's kind of lonely. My only escape is the animal shelter I work part-time at. It's run by a animal rescue group and they're always looking for people to help them.

I've finally finished classes for today and I'm heading to my locker to grab my things. From there I will go to the animal shelter and play with some of the new puppies we rescued from the woods, the mother was hit by a car, luckily all the babies were ok because they were sleeping under a bush.

I grab my things and pack my bag. Before I can leave one of the guys in my year stops me in the hallway. I think his name is Gilbert or something.

"Umm hello." I say confused and nervous

"Hey (Y/n)!" He yells "So my friend really likes jou and he wants to know if jou have a date to prom yet!"

"First of all, stop yelling." I say "Second of all, does your friend really exist or is this you asking for yourself and pretending it's for a friend?"

"As if I'd ever ask jou out, jou're not awesome enough." He says "Vhy vould I take you vhen I could take anyone?"

I scoff and kick him hard in the shins, hoping to leave a large bruise. He doubles over and holds his shin on the floor, guess I kicked him pretty hard, well good.

"Don't talk to me again asshole." I say and walk off

Canada's P.O.V.
I guess that didn't go to well, I asked my friend Gilbert to ask (Y/n) if she had a formal date for me because I'm so shy but his big mouth got in the way and he ended up on the floor holding his shin.

"You ok Gilbert?" I ask walking out from my hiding place

"Wow that mädchen can kick!" He says pulling up to reveal an already forming bruise "I an see why you like her."

(German:Mädchen-Girl)

"Come on Gil, let's just go home." I sigh feeling disappointed

"Can't, have to help Francis and Antonio with a prank for tomorrow morning." Gilbert replies

"Oh ok, goodbye then, see you tomorrow." I reply waving to him

He walks off and I sling my backpack onto my back. I can't wait to just get home and sleep, I even miss Kumajiro after this long day of schoolwork. I finally walk out of the school, moving quickly down the street to the main street.

Suddenly a building catches my eye, it's an animal shelter with a sight saying they have new puppies. I suppose I have a few minutes to spare. I push open the door and I'm met with the sound of giggling and puppies yapping.

I follow the sound and I'm met with (Y/n) sitting on the floor of large puppy men with five puppies jumping over her and licking her face.

"Hello." I say quietly

She jumps slightly and turns around, becoming nervous when she sees me, I wonder why?

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.
Oh my god, it's Matthew Williams, the guy I've had a crush on since the start of high school. Oh god he has seen me covered in dogs, my hairs probably a mess and I probably look ridiculous.

"Oh hey Matthew." I say standing up carefully and holding one of the puppies

"Hey, you know who I am?" He asks

"Y-Yeah I do, you're pretty popular at school." I reply blushing "Even though people get you confused with your brother."

"Oh ok." He says "So these must be the new puppies."

"Yeah, if you take off your shoes and bag you can come in and hold one." I reply

He does as I say and opens up the gate allowing him to come inside. We carefully sit down and I place a puppy on his lap.

"This is Chocolate, he's the oldest we think." I say "Mainly because he was the protector when we found them."

"When you found them?" He asks

"Yeah, I was catching the bus home from school and I accidentally caught the wrong bus." I explain "I ended up on the other side of the city outside the woods. I saw a dead animal on the road and I nearly burst into tears. The puppies where hiding, it took me a few hours of calmly waiting and sitting there until Chocolate would let me close to them. We managed to rescue them and now we are taking care of them."

"Wow." Matthew says

I look up into his violet eyes, through his glasses. We stay silent for a few seconds before he leans closer to me. I lean closer as well and just before our lips touch a Chocolate jumps up and down and tries to bite him.

"I guess he's protective of you to." Matthew mumbles, smiling sheepishly

I giggle and pick Chocolate up so he stops trying to attack Matthew. We spend the rest of my shift talking and he helps me with my work. I feel like we're becoming closer quickly and my crush is getting worse and worse.

"I love animals so much, sadly I'm to busy to have any pets." I sigh

"I have a polar bear cub called Kumajiro." Matthew replies "

Before we know it my shift is over and we need to head home. I wash my hands and as we're walking out of the pet shot Matthew grabs my arm softly.

"Wait (Y/n) I have something to say." Matthew says "Je t'aime, I have for a while. The reason Gil asked you if you didn't have a date was because I was to shy to."

(French:Je t'aime-I love you)

"Are you serious?" I ask shocked and happy

He nods and I jump into his arms, kissing him suddenly and smiling. Suddenly I pull back shocked at what I did,

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I say taking a step back

He follows after me and connects our lips together again.

"Don't be." He says smiling "So will you do to prom with me?" He asks

"Of course, but only if you let me meet Kumajiro." I giggle

He wraps me tightly in his arms and I hug him back more. I really love this wavy blond haired, violet eyed boy. I can't believe we both confessed to each other we both share a love for animals and even though he is a little shy it's amazing to be with him.