58| Something Special

"It's all the little things that you do that make me fall in love with you a little more every day."

____________________________________
______________

Camila's P.O.V.

"You did WHAT?" I drop my mascara tube from my hand, almost staining my outfit, as I stare at Ariana in awe.

"I entered you for the Heart To Heart Princess." Ariana batts her eyelashes innocently. Holy shit.

"Ari, why would you do that? I made it very clear to everyone that I wasn't running for princess!" I look at the other girls and they nod.

"But you have a chance at winning, Mila! You deserve this!" Ariana argues. "That's the problem, Ari." I cross my arms over my chest.

"I have a chance at winning, therefore, I won't give any other girls around here the chance to actually be something in this school. I don't want to draw attention to myself tonight, and I didn't enter for princess because I didn't want to always be the center of attention, Ari." I face palm myself. "Ugh, I should've given you a heads up about this."

"It's alright, Mila. Maybe someone else is going to win, we don't know anything for sure." Ally says. "Yeah, Ally's right. But that still doesn't cancel out the fact that you might possibly win too." Becky agrees with her and Ally nods. I just roll my eyes and pick up the mascara tube before it stains the floor.

I place the brush inside and screw it shut before tossing it into my makeup bag. "You should've taken my permission first before entering me, Ari." I tell her as I stand in front of the full length mirror and take in my appearance.

I've decided to go for a simple sleeveless, white crop top, a matching white miniskirt and white, open-toed ankle heels. Simple makeup, mostly consisting of nude and peach, which I have done by myself, with just a little help from the girls. Okay, maybe a lot of help from them, and slightly curled hair which I have tied up into a neat high ponytail. Cute, but not way too attractive. Just what I'm aiming for.

"Come on, Wifey, aren't you the least bit glad that I entered your name? I mean, nobody deserves to win this more than the future queen of the popular!" Ariana says.

"First of all, Ari, please don't call me that, it makes me feel weird. And second of all, there are a lot of beautiful, amazing, hard-working girls, like you, in this school who deserve to win this title as well. So me entering wouldn't be fair to them." I tell her.

"Well, I did what I did. And the votes have all been counted now so there really isn't anything we can do about it. And besides, I won last year so it wouldn't be that big of a deal for me. But you, this a huge step up for you. Just imagine the crowd chanting your name after you're crowned The Heart To Heart Princess for this year!" Ariana says excitedly.

"Camila! Camila! Camila!" She mini-chants, if that's a thing, and I just roll my eyes as I tuck some of my hair behind my ear. This girl.

"Ari, you can't be serious."

"I am! It would be incredible if that actually happened!" She argues and I roll my eyes yet again.

"Alright, y'all ready to go?" I ask as I grab my purse from my bed. "Yeah," Dinah stands up. "bangin' as always, Shortie." She smiles at me and I giggle. "Thanks, you look lovely yourself."

"Right, before we leave, I want to let you guys in on an important detail." Hailee stands up and we turn to look at her. "Which is?" I ask.

"Cupid is on the lookout so be careful. Be very careful." She warns and I raise an eyebrow at her. "Uh, what?"