32| Complications (Pt. III)

When it comes to you

There's no crime

Let's take both of our souls

And intertwine

When it comes to you

Don't be blind

Watch me speak from my heart

When it comes to you.

- David Guetta♡

____________________________________
______________

Camila's P.O.V.

Okay, this officially proves that I have shitty luck. Him. Out of all people. Damn, why the hell did he have to come here today?

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out to see a text from Austin.

[11:02 a.m.]
Austin❤: Hey I'm so sorry I can't make it. Something came up and I just had to deal with it. Really sorry :(

I frown slightly. Great.

[11:03 a.m.]
Me: it's okay no biggie :)

I shove my phone back in my pocket as I look at the table Shawn's is sitting at. He's all alone, stirring his coffee mindlessly for what seems like forever. I can tell something's on his mind.

After a moment, I get up and go to his table. "Mind if sit down?" I say and he looks up me shocked then shakes his head. I sit down across from him and sigh. "Look, we can't keep ignoring each other like this. You know that we have talk to each other sooner or later." I say and he looks up at me briefly as he keeps stirring his coffee.

"I know that things didn't exactly go smoothly between us lately and I hope that we could change that." I say then he looks up at me. "What do you mean?" He asks. "We forget everything that happened and start over." I say and he looks at me for what seems like forever. I think almost see the same look I saw in his eyes that day. Hurt.

"O-okay." He says and I smile. "So, friends?" I say as I extend my hand for him to shake. He looks at it briefly before shaking it. "Friends." He says and I smile. I realized that I've had enough of the complications that were between us and I decided to end them. I'm also going to ignore what I think I feeling for Shawn for the sake of our friendship. I don't want things to get even more awkward between us because we're both in relationships and I don't exactly know if he could possibly feel the same way. I don't want to jeopardize our friendship again.

........................

Lauren's P.O.V.

I walk around in circles around my room waiting for Camila's mother to call. She told me earlier that she was going to speak to Camila about this whole Austin thing and call me back once she's done. It's been an hour and she still hasn't called.

Seconds later, my phone rings and I rush to pick it up from my nightstand. "Hello?" I say, not bothering to see who's calling.

"Lauren, dear." It's Mrs. Cabello. "Mrs. Cabello? How did it go? Did she agree to break up with him?" I throw her with questions. "Not great. She refused to believe that Austin's using her and rushed upstairs to her room."