43| Secret Love Song

I've been hearing symphonies

Before all I heard was silence

A rhapsody for you and me

And every melody is timeless

Life was stringing me along

Then you came and you cut me loose

Was solo singing on my own

Now I can't find a key without you.

- Clean Bandit♡

____________________________________
______________

Camila's P.O.V.

Shawn and I spent the rest of our date night cuddling, listening to music, playing music and mostly eating, really. It was truly a magical experience that I want to remember for the rest of my life. Just being there with him felt like heaven to me. Like, a chance to escape everything. Being with him makes me feel like we're the only people in this world, like we rule it.

Shawn and I started spending a lot more time with each other after our date. Honestly, the more I hang out with him, the more my love for him grows. We're something very special and I couldn't be more grateful to God for helping us find our ways to each other.

The day I bumped into him in the hall was the best day of my life. Maybe I didn't realize it at the time but it really was. Sure, my day was going pretty horrible at first, but all that changed when I met him. I'm so, so grateful to God that I met him even though I was in a horrific state.

"Camila?"

A voice startles me and I almost jump as I look at Mrs. Stewart as she gives me a worried look. "Yes, Mrs?" I stand up.

"Are you paying attention?" She asks me and I nod. "What were you saying, Mrs? I didn't hear you properly." I say.

"I asked you to name these notes and how many beats does each one of them has." She says, referring to notes drawn on the board.

"The first one is a whole note and it has four beats, the second one is a half note and it has two beats, and the third one is a quarter note and it has one beat." I say and the teacher smile slightly and nods. "Excellent as always. You can sit down now."

I do as she said and giggle to myself. Is this seriously the best you could do, Mrs. Stewart? I mean, who doesn't know what notes are these and how many beats do they have? This is like, fourth grade stuff!

I mean, this is not even a legit question to ask in advanced music class. Yes, if you're wondering, I do take advanced music. I'm the only one out of all of my group of friends who got accepted into this class. A while ago, Mrs. Stewart noticed that my performance in normal music class was so outstanding, I literally broke the school record of A+'s in that class. So, she decided to move me to advanced, and to my luck, Shawn and Hailee both happen to take the same class.

I glance over at Shawn and see him staring at me with a wide smile on his face, causing me to roll my eyes and blush as I smile the same way. I glance at Mrs. Stewart and see her busy writing something on the board. I think I can get away with it this time.

I slowly pull my phone out of my pocket while I look at the teacher then unlock it and shoot a text to Shawn.

[9:45 a.m.]
Me: stop staring it's rude