13| Clarity✔

'Cause you are the piece of me

I wish I didn't need

Chasing relentlessly

Still fighting, I don't know why

If our love is tragedy

Why are you my remedy?

If our love is insanity

Why are you my clarity?

- Zedd & Foxes.

____________________________________
_____________

Camila's P.O.V.

Following our encounter at the cafeteria the very same day, I couldn't manage to run into Shawn at all. He looked really pissed after what happened with Austin, and I really wanted to talk to him. Not to explain whatever is between me and Austin to him because it's obviously none of his business, but just to make sure that we're both still cool with each other. Unfortunately, I wasn't very successful at running into him again, even though you could say I was pretty much a master at that just a week ago – literally. A part of me felt like he was trying to avoid me on purpose after what happened, but then again, we apparently don't have any of the same classes, otherwise, we'd have probably found less trouble trying to meet properly.

I'm ashamed to admit that it has bothered me for the rest of the day, and I spent my remaining classes half listening and half making a list of all the possible reasons why Shawn and Austin are apparently on such bad terms and wondering what kind of effect that would have on my relationship with the both of them. I don't want to cut ties with one of them for the other, and I hope it never has to come down to that.

Walking into the Academy's archive after classes are over for the day, I present my student ID card to the librarian at the front desk. She swiftly runs it through the machine and hands it back to me as soon as my card is granted access, muttering a quiet, "Have a nice day."

I offer a smile and thank her, wishing the same for her before returning my card back into my purse and placing it inside my backpack once again, as I proceed into the library towards the browsing tables. I sit down at the same spot I sat in yesterday, in order to make it easier for Shawn to find me. I would text him that I'm already at the library and let him know where I'm sitting, but I forgot to take his number yesterday, which is ironic since this is the first thing we should do to keep in contact if I'm gonna tutor him for the rest of the semester.

Checking the time on my watch after getting everything we'll need for this session on the table, I notice it's already ten minutes past the time we agreed to meet. I lift my head and look around for a bit, hoping I could spot him here somewhere, but there's no sign of him anywhere around, indicating he's not within the premise of the Archive just yet. I wait for a few more minutes, keeping my eyes on the entrance of the room in case he walks in, but he doesn't show.

Sighing, I reach for my headphones from inside my bag. After connecting them to my phone via Bluetooth, I put on a Lo-Fi hip-hop playlist from YouTube before pulling out my Calculus homework. I figured I might as well do something useful while I wait for Shawn instead of just mindlessly staring at everyone who walks in.