24| First Session

Darling I'd still catch a grenade for you
Throw my hand on a blade for you
I'd jump in front of a train for you
You know I'd do anything for you
I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for you, baby
But you won't do the same.
- Grenade, Bruno Mars♡

___________________________________
______________

Hailee's P.O.V.

I walk out of my first period classroom and see Shawn standing right in my face glaring at me with his arms crossed over his chest, I almost scream when I see him. He always does that!

"Dude, you scared the hell of me!" I almost yell. "Where were you yesterday and why was your phone off?" He says sternly. He just has to make a big deal about everything.

"I went out for a milkshake. Is there a problem?" I say as I cross my arms and look up at him and he sighs heavily. "Why was your phone off?"

"My phone died while I was out." I say. "But it was off until late at night. I don't suppose you were out that late, we're you?" Oops. Must've forgotten to turn it back on.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Chill out, Shawn! I must've just forgotten to charge it when I got back."

"Well, at least you could've personally informed me that you were out after you got back. God, I was so worried about you. Hailee, you're my best friend and it's my responsibility to make sure you're safe and not getting attacked by some... evil... ninja turtles!" Shawn says and I burst out laughing at his silliness. Yeah, he's just that weird.

"Hey! It could happen!" He continues as he cracks a smile. "Oh my God, you're so sweet." I say as the laughing dies down. "I know." He says arrogantly but playfully.

"But you're still a total dork nonetheless." I say and he playfully glares at me and I laugh. "Alright, thank you for making sure that I don't get 'attacked by evil ninja turtles' but I've got class to go to so see ya later." I say as I try to walk around him but he stops me.

"Not so fast, young lady." He says and I roll my eyes. "What now?"

"Because of what happened yesterday, you are not allowed to leave the academy unless you tell me where you're going, who you'll be with and at what time you'll be back." Shawn says and my eyes widen.

"What? No! You can't do-"

"I can and I already did. While we're away from home, I'm in charge. It's for your own good. Now see you later." Shawn cuts me off then walks past me. Is he being serious right now?

I look at him disappearing down the hall with my mouth hanging open as I throw my arms up in the air then let them fall to my sides.

"What am I? Ten?" I say then shake my head in disbelief and walk to my next class. Geez!

...................

Camila's P.O.V.

"So, did you finish that biology project we were given last week?" I say to Dinah as I shove my history book into my backpack and she shakes her head. "Not yet." I hang one shoulder strap of my backpack on my shoulder as I snort. "Same."

We're the only people left in the classroom. We stayed behind to do extra classwork and prepare some test papers for those who aren't very good at history for extra credit. We're supposed to do that every Friday since history is Dinah and I's last class on that day and we would have plenty of time to do extra work. Don't get me wrong, Dinah and I are excellent at history but hey, we won't take any chances of falling behind!