54| Before I Could Fall

You're so hypnotizing

You've got me laughing while I sing

You've got me smiling in my sleep

And I can see this unraveling

You're love is where I'm falling

But please don't catch me.

- Demi Lovato♡

____________________________________
_____________

Camila's P.O.V.

My eyes flutter open as the morning light from the balcony hits my eyelids. I blink a couple of times before sighing contently and stirring a little bit so that I'm facing Shawn.

I smile softly as I watch him sleeping there peacfully. I've always liked watching him sleep; I could do it for hours and not get tired of it. I admire his heavenly features, watching how his chest rises and falls with every breath and wondering what I did in this world to deserve waking up to such a beautiful sight.

One corner of his mouth lifts up in a half-smile and a soft giggle escapes my mouth. Well, at least I know he's having a good dream.

I slowly wiggle myself out of his hands and get out of bed. I take slow and quiet steps across the room then slowly creak the door open, taking one last glance at Shawn to make sure I didn't wake him up then exiting his room.

I make my way down the hall to my room and open the door. I go inside then open my suitcase and grab my mother's white, fuzzy cardigan. I quickly slip it on before unzipping the front pocket of the suitcase.

My mom gave me this cardie when I was leaving for school at the beginning of the year. She told me that it would always remind me of home and that I'd be taking a piece of her with me wherever I went, and so I made sure to pack it with me.

I could've worn it last night when I couldn't go to sleep. How could I have not thought of that? Seriously, I should really get my IQ checked up!

Well, it doesn't really matter that much right now because I had something much better to help me sleep last night.

I pull out a couple of coffee mix packets before zipping the pocket closed then exiting my room and heading downstairs to the kitchen. I open the top cupboard and take out a blue mug and place it on the kitchen island. I heat up some milk on the stove then tear the coffee mix open and dump it in. I stir it for a couple of moments until the coffee dissolves in the milk before leaning against the island and leaving it to heat.

I've been using coffee mixes a lot lately, they're a lot more practical than making coffee from scratch and take less time to prepare. I've tried all sorts of it; cappuccino, latté, herbal cappuccino and the list goes on, but my ultimate favourite is the mocha mix. Like, the creamy, foamy rich chocolate taste is absolutely impossible to resist. I'm a coffee addict, I live for coffee and I drink it everyday. But I also live for chocolate. And both of them mixed together in one, I'm in heaven!

I brought two boxes of mocha with me here, each of which contains twenty packets, so I hope that it's at least enough to get me through the next two weeks of being here.

The mocha starts to boil and I turn the stove off and pour it into my mug before washing the pot I used out of common courtesy. I move over towards the cabinet under the microwave and kneel down on one knee as I open it to see a plastic, see-through container sitting in the very back. I pull it out to see a batch of muffins neatly organized in three rows, just where Aaliyah had told me they would be.