19| Mistake

I don't understand why you're so cold to me
With every breath you breathe
I see there's something going on.
- Cold, Maroon 5 & Future♡
____________________________________
_____________

Shawn's P.O.V.

I walk into the library and spot Camila sitting at a table, her eyes focused on her phone and she looks like she's scrolling through Twitter.

I walk over to her and place my books on the table then take a seat across from her. She looks up at me and fakes a smile.

"Oh, so you decided to show up, huh, Mendes?" She says. I can tell her smile is fake from the sarcastic statement she just made. Yep, she's mad at me. Well, she has every right to be. I'm the one who suddenly cut off all contact with her. And yeah, I might be forty-five minutes late for tutoring.

I roll my eyes as Camila locks her phone and places it on the table. It's now that I notice that she's wearing no makeup at all. And I have to admit, she looks pretty gorgeous. She has always looked pretty, with or without makeup.

"Hello? Earth to Mendes." Camila says as she snaps her fingers in front of my face. Is she gonna call me Mendes every time she speaks to me?

I blink a few times and look at her. "Should we start or what?" She says and I nod.

...................

An hour later, we're still studying and Camila suddenly pauses for a bit. She looks up at me on the verge of tears then looks away. I see a tear stream down her cheek and my eyes widen. Oh, just screw Ariana. I can't see Camila crying and be totally calm about it!

"C-Camila?" I say as I get up from my chair and walk towards her. She covers her face with her hands and sobs softly. I place my hands on her shoulders and look down at her, worry taking over me.

"Camila, p-please. What's wrong? A-are you okay?" Still no answer.

"Mila, you're scaring me. Please tell me what's wro-"

"Don't call me Mila. Only people who care about me can call me that!" Camila hisses at me as she holds her index finger up in front of me and pushes my hands away from her shoulders and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What are you talking about? I do care about you, Camila, I really do." I say.

"Well, you should've thought about that when you started ignoring me!" Camila says as more tears spill from her eyes. She has a point.

"Camila, I'm really worried. Please tell me what's going on. Why are you crying?" I ask.

"Oh, stop! You don't have to act like you actually care because I know you don't! I thought you were different. I thought you weren't like those stuck up PPCs or CCPs or whatever they're called. I actually thought you were a nice guy. But turns out that you're all the same in this academy." She snaps at me as she stands up.

"Camila, plea-"

"This session is dismissed. Not that you really care about that either." She cuts me off as she gathers her stuff. "Camila, I-" I say as I step closer to her.

"Don't come near me." Camila says holding her hand up in front of me signalling for me to stay in my place. She wipes her eyes with her hand as she walks out of the library. I run my fingers through my hair as I watch her leave. So this is what it feels like to be shut out. Camila really has every right to be mad at me. I seriously regret making that promise to Ariana. But I'm just itching to know why Camila was crying. It really breaks my heart seeing her like this. The only problem is that I highly doubt that Camila would want to speak to me again. Especially since I ignored her for almost a week and suddenly started showing that I care, which I do, of course. I'm really, really mad at myself right now.