38| What Friends Are For

Wherever you go, just always remember

That you've got a home for now and forever

And if you get low, just call me whenever

This is my oath to you

Wherever you go, just always remember

You're never alone, we're birds of a feather

And we'll never change no matter the weather

This is my oath to you.

- Cher Lloyd♡

___________________________________
______________

Camila's P.O.V.

Wow. Those two days sure did go by fast because I'm currently at the cafeteria getting my lunch. I've spent the past two days in bed, following Hailee and Shawn's demand, and was not allowed to get out of it unless I needed to use the bathroom. I had my food brought right up to my bed, my assignments, all the classwork I've missed and basically everything I would normally do myself done for me. To be honest, I kind of enjoyed all the attention I was getting at first, but it started to get sort of annoying. I know they care about me and stuff, but they were seriously treating me like a cancer patient and I was getting sick of it!

Luckily, it wasn't long before I recovered. I checked with Dr. Gray again yesterday and his tests showed that my circulation was back to normal and that I can start attending school regularly now, but he adivised me to keep proteins as a main part of my diet in order for it to stay that way.

I really can't thank Shawn enough, if it wasn't for him, I could've been gone now. What he did for me was so selfless and I still can't believe that his own blood is running in my veins right now. I know that might sound crazy but I can't help the smile tugging at my lips.

After I get my food, I head to an empty table and sit down. I examine the cafeteria as I begin to dig into my food and spot the familiar faces of my friends coming in. They walk to the line and get their food before they join me at the table. I smile at Becky as she sits across from me. "Hey."

"Hey." She smiles back. It feels so weird to have them sit at my table again because I've gotten used eating lunch alone for a long time now, but it also makes me feel really happy that were back to normal again.

"Hey, Walz." Dinah smiles as she sits down next to Becky. "Hey, DJ."

"So, I hope you didn't faint or something after geometry." Dinah says and I roll my eyes playfully. "Come on, DJ, would you cut it off? I'm fine, alright? You heard the doctor yesterday; my circulation is back to normal."

"I know, but he also said that you should make sure you're getting enough protein, so eat up." She smiles and I roll my eyes again, knowing that she's right.

I avert my gaze to Lauren's table and see her looking at me. She gives me a small smile and I do the same. A moment or two later, she picks up her tray of food then stands up and walks towards our table.

"Mind if join you guys?" She says once here.

Becky looks at all of us in surprise before looking back at Lauren. "Uh... no, not at all. Go ahead." Becky says and Lauren smiles and sits down next to her.