25| Innocent

I feel like my heart is stuck in
Bumper to bumper traffic
I'm under pressure
'Cause I can't have you
The way that I want
Let's just go back to the way it was
When we we're on honeymoon avenue.
- Honeymoon Avenue, Ariana Grande♡

____________________________________
______________

Lauren's P.O.V.

I go down two flights of stairs to get to the second floor where Camila's dorm is. As soon as I get there, I knock on the door softly. Moments later, the door is opened by Camila. She smiles at me and I smile back. God, how I wish we were close friends.

"Hi." I say. "Hey, come in." Camila says as she steps aside for me to go inside. "Thanks." I say as I go inside. I sit down on the couch and Camila sits on Ally's bed. "Ally's at the library for a history research and Dinah's probably catching Z's since she hasn't posted anything on instagram all morning and Normani's at the gym. But they all should be here soon." She says and I nod.

"In the meantime, snack?" She asks as she walks towards the minifridge.  "Sure." I say. It's amazing how kindly that girl treats me even after everything I've done to her. She really is an angel.

Camila grabs a gigantic tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream and two spoons then sits next to me on the couch as I plaster probably the stupidest looking smile on my face. "This is my favourite ice cream flavour." I say.

"Are you serious? Me too!" Camila says handing me a spoon and we start to devour the tub of ice cream. "Can I ask you something?" I say, breaking the silence. "Sure." Camila says right before she shoves a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. I hesitate before speaking.

"D-did you and Austin break up?" I ask and she looks at me then back down at the tub for a moment before nodding. "I guess you got what you wanted now." She says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"N-no. I don't want him and I never will." I say and she looks at me weirdly. "I'm sorry, but weren't you the one who almost got me badly ingured for the sake of Austin? So you technically have no right to say that." She says and I look down at my knees. I feel horrible for doing that but I had no choice, I promise.

"Hey, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." She places her hand on my shoulder. "I didn't want to. I never wanted to. I was forced to." I blurt out not having enough strength to look her in the eyes. "W-what do you mean?" Camila says and I quickly shake my head. "N-nothing."

We continue to eat the ice cream as we sit in an uncomfortable silence. "So, how did it happen?" I ask breaking the silence. "What?" Camila shrugs. "The breakup." I say and she looks away. Oops.

"It-it's too painful for me to talk about right now." She says and I nod. "I-I understand. I'm sorry."

"It's all good."

...................

Camila's P.O.V.

The girls and I just finished working for today and I have to admit, I think we can actually get picked to record! We just sound too good together!

I pick my phone up from the nightstand and plop down on the couch. I unlock it and flip through my contacts trying to find Becky to ask her to hang out tonight. I spot Shawn's contact and my finger hovers over it for a bit, deciding whether I should tap it or not. I almost forgot I still have his number. I thought about deleting it when this whole Austin thing started but I decided against it. Shawn has offended me immensely and definitely didn't act like the gentleman he claims to be around me for a while, but I can't stay mad at him forever. We were once friends after all. And he's really a sweet person.