55| My Real Dream

"Somewhere between our crazy laughs and heated arguments, I fell in love with you."

____________________________________
_____________

Camila's P.O.V.

"Alright, girls, the gift hunt starts in three, two, one..." I count down as Aaliyah holds on the first clue tightly in anticipation.

"GO!" I announce and she takes the ribbon off of the piece of paper and reads the clue out loud, Sofia standing on her toes to look at what's written.

"Somewhere where the sun always shines but not when the reindeers jingle, for a blanket above and below covers all." She reads before she Sofia furrow their eyebrows. "Above and below?" She raises an eyebrow before thinking for a moment.

Suddenly, her eyes light up as if she just cracked it. "I know where that is! Come on, Sofia!" She takes Sofi's hand and pulls her along with her.

"Is that how you describe a back yard?" Shawn chuckles as he shoves his hands into his pockets and I smile and shrug as I pull up the hood of my red, snowflake-patterned onesie over my head.

"I mean, it is supposed to be a treasure hunt, we gotta use unusual phrases and stuff." I say as I walk towards the Christmas tree which Shawn and I have put the rest of the presents under.

"Now, let's open our own presents, shall we?" I say as I pick up a square box, wrapped up in green wrapping paper with a red bow on top.

"Merry Christmas, Mom." I smile as I hand the box to my mother and she smiles at my back and thanks me before tearing open the wrapping.

Shawn smiles before picking up a box as well and handing it to his grandmother.

We spend the rest of the afternoon exchanging presents and sharing laughs over things that Mrs. Mendes reaveals about Shawn when he was a little boy, most of them ending in him getting chased down by the neighbours' dog.

I pick up Shawn's first present from under the tree and turn back to him, a huge grin on my face. "Merry Christmas, baby."

Shawn smiles at me sweetly before taking the small box from my hand. He tears open the wrapping and takes the lid off as I bite back a smile in anticipation of his reaction.

He gasps loudly as he looks at the content of the box. He flicks his gaze between me and the box before settling it on what I got him. "You... you got me a Rolex watch?"

I nod, grinning widely. "So, do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it! These are... these are so expensive, Mila,"

I smile and shake my head. "Anything for you, baby." I plant a soft kiss to his cheek. "How did you know I'd always wanted one?" He asks me and I let out a soft chuckle.

"I know who your best friend is, Shawn." I cross my arms over my chest. He smiles and looks down at the brown, leather watch before looking back up at me, his hazel brown eyes twinkling with love.

"Thank you, thank you so much." He says and I shake my head, smiling. He leans in to kiss me before stopping abruptly and looking at my dad on the couch, as if asking him if he minded.

Dad smiles and shakes his head and Shawn smiles widely before pecking my lips gently. "Now,"

He puts the box down on the coffee table before grabbing a box about the same size as the one that was in his hands a second ago.

"time for your present. Close your eyes." He smiles and I do as he said. I hear the sound of wrapping paper being torn open and the sound of a lid being taken off. A second later, I feel his soft hands moving my hair to the side. I feel him putting something around my neck before hearing a little click.