31| Complications (Pt. II)

Rap on my window, come home

It's been a while, so stick around

Why don't you?

'Til the end of time

Say that you'll be mine

An uphill climb fighting what the heart really wants to do.

- Alessia Cara♡

____________________________________
______________

Lauren's P.O.V.

I don't know if Camila will believe me even if I showed her the video of Austin and Alex talking. I mean, we aren't even that close! And besides, why would she believe the girl to tried to separate her from him by force? It's best if I leave this to someone closer to Camila. And I know exactly who it is.

I head out of my dorm and downstairs towards Camila's dorm. I knock on the door a few times before it's opened by Camila. "Oh, uh... hey, Lauren." She says, look I a bit takenby surprise at my sudden visit.

"Hi. Um, I was, uh... wondering if... I could borrow some... hair conditioner!" I say nervously then mentally slap myself. So this really the best excuse I could come up with. Classy, Lauren. Real classy.

Camila looks at me weirdly. "Sure. I think I have an extra bottle here somewhere." She says then invites me inside and goes to the bathroom to get the conditioner. I sit on the couch and spot her phone lying next to me. This is my chance.

I make sure that Camila's still looking through the drawers and cabinets and not paying attention to me then snatch her phone and unlock it. It luckily has no password on it. I flip through her contacts and find her mother's then quickly pull out my phone and copy the number down. When I'm done, I save it then lock Camila's phone and place it back right where it was.

After a moment, Camila comes out of the bathroom empty-handed. "Sorry, but I couldn't find it." She says shrugging and I wave her off.

"It's alright. I just remembered that I have one in my cabinet." 

Camila nods. "So, I'll be heading out now. Sorry to disturb." I say and Camila shakes her head as she walks me to the door. "No, not at all."

I smile at her. "Have fun on your break." I say before I give her a hug. "You too." She says after we pull away. We say goodbye to each other before I head up the stairs. I pull out my phone and call Camila's mother before leaning back against the wall.

It rings three times before I hear a gentle voice on the other line. "Hello?"

"Hello, Mrs. Cabello?" I run my hand through my hair. "Yes. Who is this?" She says.

"My name's Lauren Jauregui, I'm your daughter's friend."

"Oh, yes! Very nice to talk to you! Is everything alright?" She says. "Um... not exactly." 

"What? What's going on? Is Camila okay?" She asks, concern showing in her tone. "Don't worry, Mrs. Cabello, she's fine. But I just have to talk to you about something." I assure her.

"Sure, what is it?" She asks. I take a deep breath before proceeding.

"Camila must've told you about her um... boyfriend." I cringe a little at the last part. I can't believe I'm calling Austin her boyfriend after all that shit!