14| Plus-One✔

Plus-one, guest list

But you don't even know what her name is

Secrets, endless

I know that you feel me, you're

Running, running, running, running

Making the rounds with all your fake friends

Running, running away from it

You can strip down without showing skin.

- Camila Cabello.

____________________________________
_____________

Camila's P.O.V.

Downstairs. Ready?

Grabbing my purse from the rack on my closet door, I simultaneously respond to the text, typing – or trying to – with one hand as I fill my purse with anything I might need for the night.

Be down in 5.

After swinging the chain of my purse over my shoulder and grabbing a coat in case it gets cold, I hurry towards the door, stopping at the full-length mirror to check my appearance one last time. For this event, I've decided to go with one of the more expensive items in my wardrobe; a custom Elie Saab couture dress in lavender. The dress is sleeveless and has a high-low hem, a belt of crystals circles the waist area, and the neckline is inlaid with crystals, connected with the rest of the dress with a thin layer of tulle that goes on to wrap around the remainder of the dress. Most of the clothes I own are from H&M, Forever 21, American Eagle and other such stores, but every once in a while I like to splurge on something designer, especially for formal events, though I don't usually spend a lot of money on formal attire for events that aren't particularly of importance to me. However, the reason I went with this dress even though it's obviously too expensive to wear to a party where I'm nothing more than a distant guest, was because it wasn't too out there. It's elegant and classy, but it doesn't make me stand out too much from the crowd because of its simplicity, and that is exactly what I was aiming for. I paired the dress with open-toed ankle-strap white heels from Christian Dior, and some dainty silver jewelry to match. My hair is in a neat, low bun, with loose tendrils framing the sides of my face. I didn't overdo the makeup; figuring that something soft and easy to do would be more fit for this look – and I was also a little short on time so I had to pick up my pace and skip some steps that weren't really that necessary.

Once I make sure everything looks good, I head toward the door once again. "Ally, I'm leaving."

"Okay, have fun and take pictures for me!" She yells back from the kitchenette, where she's busy making some pasta.

"Will do, goodnight." I open the door, before remembering that I forgot one more thing that is very important. Cursing under my breath, I turn back around and head towards my closet, grabbing a grey pair of Skechers. It's gonna be a long night and my feet can't handing heels for too long, so I have to take precautions in case they get tired.

For the final time, I head towards the door, stepping outside before I can remember that I forgot something else, and making sure to lock the door behind me. When I get to the stairs, I look down at them for a second, studying the distance below me as I bite my bottom lip, before shaking my head then quickly slipping my heels off and sprinting downstairs. I'm already late as it as, so taking small, careful steps is not an option. And unless I want this night to end with me in a hospital, I am not running down the stairs with heels on.