15| Beautiful Stranger✔

Oh, we're dancing in my living room

And up come my fists

And I say I'm only playing

But the truth is this

That I've never seen a mouth that I would kill to kiss

And I'm terrified

But I can't resist.

- Halsey.

___________________________________
______________

Camila's P.O.V.

The doorbell overhead rings as I step out of the overnight diner behind Shawn, my arm hooked through his. The cool night air hits my face as soon as the door closes behind us, a gentle breeze, nothing more. Regardless, my bare shoulders still suffer, and a few goosebumps rise on my skin, making me regret not remembering to bring my coat with me. I run my free hand over one of my shoulders, which does nothing to warm it up. Shawn seems to take note of that, because he unhooks his arm from mine and removes his tuxedo jacket from where it was draped over his other arm and places it over my shoulders. The gesture – though small – is incredibly thoughtful. Glancing up at his face, I smile softly, muttering a quiet, "Thank you."

He beams a grin as well, and simply shakes his head as we continue walking. "Did you like the food?"

He speaks after a moment of silence and I nod. "Yeah, I loved it," I look up to meet his gaze once again. "Thanks for the treat, I'll buy you lunch next time."

A soft giggle leaves his mouth. "Deal."

"Do you wanna head back or...?" Shawn asks after a second and I purse my lips, not wanting to go back so soon but not wanting to directly say it to him, so I simply shrug and say, "I don't know, do you think anyone noticed we're gone?"

"Well," Shawn sighs as he tucks his hands into his pockets. "My girlfriend isn't blowing up my phone with texts and missed calls so I'd take a guess and say no." He explains before turning to look at me. "Has Austin noticed you aren't there yet?"

I shake my head. "He hasn't reached out, so I'd say no, too."

"Then I think we can get away with another hour." He grins down at me widely, and I simply giggle and look away, choosing to glance down at my shoes. The night is still young; it's only a quarter to ten, so another hour out here wouldn't hurt, since Becky and Austin are planning to stay for the after-party anyway.

"So, how's Spanish going for you?" I ask, as I glance up at his face once more. "Have you started reviewing for Unit Two yet?"

"Uh..." He brings his free hand up to scratch his neck as his nose scrunches up a little bit in the most adorable way, and a sheepish grin tugs at his lips. I smile in amusement, already having my answer, but choosing to let him explain himself.

"Well, to be quite honest, no," He confesses. "But that's only because I was a little pressed for time this week, you know, with basketball and other subjects and all. But I did finish the worksheet you gave me."

"And how was it?"

"It wasn't too bad, I got stuck on a few questions here and there, but for the most part, I think I did okay."