Chapter 29: Aether Paradise

Start from the beginning

Ms. Wicke looked at Kamake. "Madam Lusamine wants you to give them the tour instead of me."

Kamake sighed. "Of course, I would prefer to be working on Experiment Zero, but I'll listen to our President. Where is she anyway?"

"She's in the Conservation Area," Wicke answered. "She's trying the experiment again."

Kamake nodded. "I'll take them there later. For now, I'll show them what I can show them of Aether Paradise."

Wicke nodded and left.

I looked at Kamake. "Where to first?"

She smiled. "My favorite area in Aether Paradise."

...

"This is the Battle Zone," Kamake announced as the triangular elevator came to a stop.

We were in a room that looked like a typical Pokémon Gym back in Kanto. Like the rest of Aether, the room was completely white. A huge battlefield took up most of the room and on each side were stands.

Kamake looked at me. "I think now would be the ideal time for a battle."

I nodded. "Do we have time though?"

She nodded. "Oh yes. A two on two battle shouldn't take that long. We'll still have plenty of time to see Madam Lusamine."

I looked at my three friends and they shrugged, so I said, "Why not."

...

Kamake stood on one end of the battlefield while I stood on the other. My three friends sat in the stands, waiting for the battle to commence.

I unclipped Decidueye's pokeball. "I won't go easy on you Kamake!"

She smiled. "And I to you Zeno. Come on out Glaceon!"

I released Decidueye as Kamake let out her Glaceon.

I smiled thoughtfully. "This is going to be an interesting battle."

Aloud, I shouted, "Decidueye, use Double Team and run at Glaceon!"

Decidueye split into multiple copies of himself and ran at the Ice Type.

"Icy Wind," Kamake said.

Glaceon blew a cold wind that wiped out the fake Decidueyes.

"Phantom Force!" I yelled.

Decidueye slipped into the shadows and Glaceon glanced around.

I looked at Kamake and saw that she was muttering something. I read her lips. Two... One...

"Blizzard!" She yelled as Decidueye popped out of the shadows at Glaceon. The Blizzard slammed into Decidueye and he was thrown into the wall.

"U-Turn!" I shouted, needing to get Decidueye out of there.

"Stop him with Shadow Ball Glaceon!" Kamake ordered.

Glaceon formed the ball of darkness and fired it at Decidueye, forcing him to one knee.

"Shadow Ball one more time," Kamake said.

"Double Team!" I shouted and the Shadow Ball hit a copy.

"Now Shadow Sneak!" I commanded.

All the Decidueyes rushed towards Glaceon, covered in shadows.

"Blizzard," Kamake said calmly and Glaceon blew up another cold storm.

The real Decidueye was flung backwards and he fainted. I returned him and grabbed my second pokeball.

"Let's speed things up," I shouted. "Let's go Lycanroc!"