Chapter 25: A Rocky Finale

Začať od začiatku

She smiled. "How many Pokémon do you have on you Zeno?"

"Five," I answered.

She nodded. "Perfect. A five on five Pokémon battle it is then. Prepare yourself Zeno. I'm not known to go easy on challengers."

"I wouldn't want you to," I said as I was taking my place at one end of the clearing.

Olivia threw out an Armaldo.

Rotom appeared above the battlefield. "Armaldo, the Plate Pokémon. It lived on land and went out into the sea to hunt for prey. Its sharp claws were its greatest weapon."

"Nice to know," I said to myself and sent out Kabuto. "Let's start this good Kabuto!"

Olivia wasted no time for banter. "Armaldo, use Metal Claw!"

Armaldo sprang at Kabuto, its arms now steel.

"Dodge using Aqua Jet!" I yelled.

Kabuto shot upwards into the air in a stream of water.

"Now use Rain Dance!" I shouted.

Rain clouds covered the the clearing, rain pounding the earth.

"Smack Down," Olivia said, somewhat calm.

Armaldo hurled a rock high above Kabuto and it smashed him to the ground.

This didn't faze me. "Use Mud Shot now!"

Kabuto fired balls of mud at Armaldo, hindering him.

"Ancient Power!" Olivia and I yelled at the same time.

Fossil rocks collided and broke upon impact.

"Use Brine on the battlefield to slow Kabuto down!" Olivia commanded Armaldo.

"Doesn't matter," I said. "Swift Swim can override some mud. Use Aqua Jet!"

Kabuto shot towards Armaldo at super speeds.

"Catch him with Metal Claw!" Olivia yelled.

Surprisedly, Armaldo caught Kabuto, but was knocked back a foot doing it.

"Now use Crush Claw!" Olivia commanded.

"Counter with Mega Drain!"

Armaldo gripped Kabuto tightly in both claws, but was weakening due to Kabuto's Mega Drain.

"Aqua Jet out of there!" I commanded.

When Armaldo's grip began to slack, Kabuto enveloped himself in water, slammed into Armaldo's chin, and shot out of range.

I narrowed my eyes. "Finish him with Aqua Jet!"

Kabuto shot towards Armaldo like a rocket.

"Armaldo," Olivia began. "Defend with Ancient Power!"

Armaldo was shielded by fossil rocks, but speed and momentum was on Kabuto's side. He broke through the rocks and into Armaldo.

For good measure and more energy to fight, I yelled, "Mega Drain!"

Armaldo fell, fainted.

Olivia returned him and smiled. "One down, four to go. I underestimated you Zeno."

She threw out a Boldore. "I won't make the same mistake twice! Boldore, use Rock Blast!"

Boldore shot rock after rock and I barely had time to yell, "Get out of there!"

Kabuto was pelted by four rocks and was knocked out cold.

I returned Kabuto, but I knew the battle had only just begun. "Let's go Decidueye!"